Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  7:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello folks,

I know that export Kiev II was made since 1950, but I never saw an image of it even on M. Princelle's book. Could some of you post an image? I heard that 1950's export Kiev II has a red logo. According to my observation, early export Kiev II(1950-1952)are much less often seen.What is you ropinion?

Kind Regards,

Zhang
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  4:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never see red logo on Kiev (on any Kiev). Does anyone have such camera?
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  10:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by okynek

I never see red logo on Kiev (on any Kiev). Does anyone have such camera?

I think I heard about this some years ago at Yahoo's Russian cameras forum. A 1950's export Kiev II seems quite rare. I haven't seen an image of export Kiev II with an earlier s/n than this 1951 one yet.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  11:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zhang, what is the differens between export and not export Kievs?
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  01:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean Kiev II with both Cyrillic/Roman engravings? Yea, I saw such a camera #501627 in eBay few years ago. And the price was USD 199.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  08:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.Early dual logo Kiev II is very rare if you watch ebay listing of early Kiev IIs. I think maybe one in 20 early Kiev II is an export version(1950-52).The total number could be only a few hundred cameras for that period. These could be rarer than a Fed-1 type a, or a Fed-Zorki.

Cheers,

Zhang

quote:
Originally posted by AidasCams

You mean Kiev II with both Cyrillic/Roman engravings? Yea, I saw such a camera #501627 in eBay few years ago. And the price was USD 199.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  1:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am very skeptical about any coloring on Arsenal cameras pre-1980s... the red logo may have been easily filled in by a dealer, as it happens to very many cameras nowadays... I have not seen and reference in any literature of use of color paint on Kiev range finders... but again my experience is somewhat limited I learn new things everyday, but I do try to be very cautious of any after market modification and treating them as authentic, boy I've had learned enough lessons in that field lately.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  11:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad, I just saw an image of a 1950 Kiev II. Black logo as usual.Yes, it would be easy to fill red paint on those letters.If early dual logo Kiev II is rare, I suspect some new dual logo early Kiev IIs will be made soon.;-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google