Located in
History, Documents & Ephemera > Sovetskoe Foto & Magazines

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  09:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Siluet Rapid Auto: Princelle does not mention whether it's production or prototype, but looks like prototype by all indications. Anyone know anything outside of what Princelle has about this camera?

Does this article imply that all these camera out with Great October engravings?? Or just the 1967 production run?

Vlad
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the 1960 and early 1970 years Soviets used to make industrial exhibitions in Brazil. After the end of exhibition they used to sell goods through representative firms. So I did personally see various Smena Rapid, Lada 2, Lantan, and Proton projector. Lada 2 was made in prototype only once subsequent series were equal to previous Lada with black paint instead of ocre colour.
Those cameras seems to be normal run types without any comemorative engravings
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  02:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea, no one of these still cameras had "Great October - 50" engravings on the body. The trick of fortune - although pronounced loudly, many cameras from this list never came to mass-production ...

BTW Listing the same Sovetskoe Foto issue (No. 11, 1967) I have found an interesting article about soviet cameras foreign trade. If someone is interested, just let me know - I will scan it to place in our catalogue.

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google