m39 (LTM) lenses
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Mar 01 2015 :  04:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking for an inexpensive wide angle and a tele lens im m39 (LTM) thread mount in working condition, glass clear. doesn't have to be a beauty. should be sent to france. btw: a jupiter 12 black version wouldn't fit, it would hit the shutter.

thanks

Edited by - xya on Mar 01 2015 05:29:21 AM
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  06:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xya

looking for an inexpensive wide angle and a tele lens im m39 (LTM) thread mount...

Only one remark: M39x1 is not equal LTM. ;)
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  11:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not mathematically equal-
but tolerances in a four thread turns are unnoticeable!
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks luiz, I haven't noticed any difference yet as well. but yes, it's .977 against .1 indeed. most russian sellers on ebay mark it as m39, the germans as LTM. anyway, both will fit my needs :-)
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  12:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 days ago I found a box with some nice m42 lenses which I thought I had given away, but I hadn't. I ordered a m42 lens to m39 camera adapter in belarus. it arrived today, only 3 days for shipping to france. it screws nicely to my camera and the lenses fit as well. from first view it seems to compensate the different flange focal distance between m39 and m42. I will try my lenses and report back.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  3:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the film is back. I tested a 135mm and a 28mm lens with the adapter. except f:22 with the 28mm all photos are somewhat blurred. the lenses and the camera are fine. so I searched for the reason. obviously the adapter doesn't have the right distance. M42 flange focal distance is 45.46mm, M39 is 28.80, which makes a difference of 16.66mm for the adapter. mine is about 17.86mm. so it's too long by 1.2mm which is a lot in flange distances. if it would have been too short, I could add a shim, but too long it doesn't work. I will try to find another one with the right measures. in principle it's promising, M42 lens choice is enormous and not expensive.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2580 Posts
Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  4:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello!

The principle is promising, but the lens is not coupled.
Of course, with a 28mm is does not really matter. Nor with a 135mm if you mainly use the infinity.

Anyway, you don't have a large choice of inexpensive wide angle or tele lenses in LTM, if you cannot use Jupiters...

Amitiés. Jacques.
PS: always at Azille? I will go to Trausse in a month...
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  4:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi jaques,

it's funny how things happen sometimes. I always wanted a KMZ turret finder. just now I found a cheap one which came with a bessa L camera and an ordinary 50mm industar lens and of course I had to test them. the bessa is much nicer than I thought, the light metering system is quite handy. the industar gives astonishing good photos. as I like wide angles, the absence of a coupled rangefinder isn't a problem, as you say. maybe I'll try to get the famous 15mm heliar. that would be really wide.

no, I'm no longer in Azille. I did the opposite of what most people do, I moved north, to Calais. although I will be in azille next week for a first visit after a year. but only for 2 weeks. dommage.

amitiés.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  4:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought another adapter, a Kipon M39 - M42. this one works perfectly. finally you can use M42 lenses on your M39 camera, focus is fine. so there is a wider and cheaper choice of lenses available :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google