Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zcetrt
45 Posts
Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  4:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all.

I came across these two Zenits:
Zenit 122 which I can not see on sovietcams website - it looks like it has some leftover of film info window on the front right side, but it's shallow plastic rim without textured plastic inside.

Black Zenit E from 1973. I don't see black non olympic Zenit E on sovietcams website.

Do you think it's worth notifying Aidas about these specimens? Do you think they are a legit variants?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Edited by - zcetrt on Dec 04 2015 4:20:40 PM
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Zenit 122 with Júpiter lens(see symbol "IO")correspond to the first series
The black Zenit E withut olympic symbol is very commom.

Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  7:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I've seen the Zenit E like that before but the 122 is quite interesting, never ran into one! Thanks for adding another camera to my search list . Nice find!

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  01:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen a couple of these 122 and always wondered why it was done like that.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
zcetrt
45 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  01:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your comments. Strange that Zenit E black variant isn't listed on the sovietcams website.

Vlad - if you are interested in this Zenit, I'm not planning to keep it. It's in working condition and I don't see any damage worth mentioning. In very brief search on ebay I saw couple of them, but they are a bit different - mine is marked Made in USSR despite being from 1992, the one on ebay is marked Made in Russia.

Edited by - zcetrt on Dec 05 2015 01:35:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  10:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zcetrt

Thank you all for your comments. Strange that Zenit E black variant isn't listed on the sovietcams website.

Vlad - if you are interested in this Zenit, I'm not planning to keep it. It's in working condition and I don't see any damage worth mentioning. In very brief search on ebay I saw couple of them, but they are a bit different - mine is marked Made in USSR despite being from 1992, the one on ebay is marked Made in Russia.

As far as I know, sovietcams is only about RF lenses (and camera?), not SLR
Go to Top of Page
zcetrt
45 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  10:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-1741952736

The version of the Zenit 122 shown above is not described in the sovietcams Zenit 122 section (link above).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google