Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pierre Tizien
Moxies

France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  05:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody.

I got an MTO-1000 for aerial photo (with specific main mirror (Citall-CO115) to avoid problem of thermal shock in the air). On the name ring is written GOZ, lens is from 1962 (if it follows usual serial number system).

But according to Princelle's book, GOZ had joined the TOMP in 1929 (then VOOMP and then GOMZ, LOMO...well, you certainly know the story).
So, how is it possible to find lens with GOZ marking in 1962? I saw on the net similar lenses from 1966 and 1963.

Thanks!

Edited by - Moxies on Dec 31 2015 05:24:00 AM

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  5:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Moxies, as far as I know these lenses were only made by KMZ or LZOS, and since it's a military version that you have here it bears the GOZ abbreviation which normally means "Государственный Оборонный Заказ" - "State Defense Order", a series of military production made by order of MVD - Ministry of Internal Affairs (at least that's where it falls into in Russia, not 100% sure about USSR)

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  6:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Hi Moxies, as far as I know these lenses were only made by KMZ or LZOS, and since it's a military version that you have here it bears the GOZ abbreviation which normally means "Государственный Оборонный Заказ" - "State Defense Order", a series of military production made by order of MVD - Ministry of Internal Affairs (at least that's where it falls into in Russia, not 100% sure about USSR)

Cheers,
Vlad

Great, I didn't know about "Государственный Оборонный Заказ", thanks a lot!

And Happy new year!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  8:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well. At least that's what I think it means, I could be wrong if someone here can confirm or deny - it would be great.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's the most logical solution atm.
Now need to know which plant did it, KMZ or LZOS.
KMZ started the production of MTO, and I'm not sure LZOS already produced MTO in 1962. Princelle say production started in 1965...
But LZOS looks to be the plant where is produced this Citall-CO115 necessary to use mirrorlens in the sky (at least, this material is produced by LZOS today).

Edited by - Moxies on Jan 02 2016 11:01:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  11:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's no logo anywhere else on the lens?
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  11:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

There's no logo anywhere else on the lens?

No, that's the only marking at all on the lens. It's a big metal tube.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  1:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm.. it may be hard to know for sure but reading the history of LZOS factory, it is mentioned that production of such photographic lenses started around 1973 so with this serial #, I would venture a guess this is a KMZ model.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  1:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh and for some reason Georgiy Abramov mentions this particular GOZ lens as a possible prototype on his site, but according to http://lens-club.ru/lenses/item/c_5435.html this lens was used on a TU-16 bomber for registering the target hits. Also yours seems to be a much earlier example than lens-club.ru mentions, they say they were made starting in 67 but yours is 5 years earlier.
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  2:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I learned about the purpose of this lens on lens club ru.
I think what is written is true, excepted the date.
Lens does not have focus ring, it's on infinity. So that sound logical that's it's for aerial photo on bomber (after bombing to check results). That's also why your explanation of GOZ go on this way too.

About LZOS, I saw a MTO-1000 (usual) LZOS from 1962... On ebay I think.

Edited by - Moxies on Jan 02 2016 2:22:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  3:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmm, interesting regard LZOS in 1962. Their website may not be very accurate possibly.

See 1973:
http://lzos.ru/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=75
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  03:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

hmm, interesting regard LZOS in 1962. Their website may not be very accurate possibly.

See 1973:
http://lzos.ru/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=75

About Ebay, it was not 62 but 65
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-MTO-1000mm-f-10-Mirror-Telephoto-lens-screw-M39-42-for-SLR-camera-Red-P-/321944922451?hash=item4af569a953:g:TCEAAOSw8-tWaWMk

Thanks for the link! Also interesting in 1960.

Edited by - Moxies on Jan 03 2016 03:27:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  5:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just began working on Artia in Rio de Janeiro in 1962 which imported such lenses and those sure were bult by LZOS with the "C" symbol at the time the exporter was Stankoimport not Mashpriborintorg yet.
Best regards andHappy new year!

Stankoimport sold machinery to a Sao Paulo firm Intercom who also I knew the people.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  04:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

I just began working on Artia in Rio de Janeiro in 1962 which imported such lenses and those sure were bult by LZOS with the "C" symbol at the time the exporter was Stankoimport not Mashpriborintorg yet.
Best regards andHappy new year!

Stankoimport sold machinery to a Sao Paulo firm Intercom who also I knew the people.
LP

Luiz, thanks for your info!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google