Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  08:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I have 2 1967 Jupiter 8Ms that has copper coloured aperture blades. I don't remember ever seen such blades on other years lenses. Please check your 1967's J-8Ms if you have one.Could this have something to do with the 50th anniversary of October revolution? I am not sure if this has been discussed before. But I would like to hear your opinions.

Best Regards

Zhang

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2442016_P4236665.JPG

Edited by - Kievuser on Apr 24 2016 08:11:27 AM

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  11:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw this copper colour of blades in many lenses produced for Kiev 60 or Kiev 88.
Pls notice there is similar colour of skylight filters.
Jupiter 8M is coated - there is 1 blue coat which makes photos a little bit blue. In my opinion this colour of blades should have compansated that.

Edited by - Alfa2 on Apr 24 2016 11:22:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  01:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa2

I saw this copper colour of blades in many lenses produced for Kiev 60 or Kiev 88.
Jupiter 8M is coated - there is 1 blue coat which makes photos a little bit blue. In my opinion this colour of blades should have compansated that.

In fact,arsenal used "copper" diaphragm for many lenses. All lenses for kiev-10/15(including first ones, I have an helios-65 made in 1966 with such diaph), some lenses for kiev-17/19 (helios-81...). But I don't remember if I have already saw jupiter-8m with this kind of diaphragm. Usualy lenses for kiev 4 (jupiter-8m and Helios-103, other were mainly made by LZOS, if we doesn't count arsenal ones from 1960) have normal diaph...

Edited by - Moxies on Apr 25 2016 01:58:25 AM
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  03:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa2

I just checked a few of my Kiev 60,88 lenses and yes some of them has this copper color blades. Your opinion is interesting. I never thought about it this way. I am concerned that with the shining surface of these blades, they could reflect light inside the lens and could affect the performance in a negtive way.
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  1:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kievuser

I never thought about it this way. I am concerned that with the shining surface of these blades, they could reflect light inside the lens and could affect the performance in a negtive way.

You are absolutely right, such strange blades could affect the performance in a negtive way. For me especially strange is that blades are shining not matt. This led me to above idea.
But this is only my guess and can be absolutely wrong.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google