Time capsule : a roll of film exposed inside a FED
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Just received a Fed 1 NKVD and while checking it I found a roll of film inside...

Here's some pictures, enjoy ;)

Pictures from the 60's or 70's ?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2962016_img071.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2962016_img068.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2962016_img072.jpg

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  2:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That one shows the building of a monument with the red star on it :

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2962016_img073.jpg

Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  3:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No information about the brand name of the film. It was inside a reloadable cassette. I processed the film with Ilford Microphen (50 minutes)
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2578 Posts
Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  3:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great find, Jed!

By the car, which should be a Jiguli (a Soviet version of the Italian Fiat 124, known as "Lada" in France), it could be the 1970/80 years.
I owned a Fiat 124, then a 125 in the 65/75 years. Rather impressive and nervous for that time!

Funny and interesting to find that in a prewar Fed...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
815 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  3:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jed,

nice pictures. I seldom have developed a film I have found inside a camera. The most of them were color films, about 10 or 20 years old. Once there was an Ilford PAN F that I developed in Rodinal but it was mostly blank.

Your pictures are interesting. Because of the cars (Lada?) I think it is 70ies or 80ies.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  4:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The shutter has an issue with one curtain you can see in the pictures. Will send it to repair.

The negative is 36 exposures - it shows a trip with friend (Lada car), family reunion, process of building a Soviet ensemble and a wedding (I think - there's a woman in white, see following picture)

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2962016_img076.jpg

Edited by - jed on Jun 30 2016 03:20:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  09:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This "basic" VAZ-Lada-Zhiguli was made from 1970 onwards, so not very likely to be early 70ies in USSR where the queue for cars was terribly long (several years).
And if I see correctly, there is a Miscga flag hanging from rear view mirror?
The 2nd car is most likely Izh-2715, produced from 1973 on. Not sure if Moskvitsch made the van version at all?

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  10:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very cool! Yeah the Zhuguli looks like a 01 or 11 model. Hard to tell by the quality of pictures . Pictures definitely taken somewhere in Ukraine, even though I can't find that particular monument anywhere...
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2578 Posts
Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  10:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"YCCP" on the second photo. So, it's in Ukraine?
But probably this sigla was no more used in the eighties... So, do we have two different periods for these photos?

Sure, somebody will find the names of the persons, Jed!

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jun 30 2016 10:33:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've sent a message to the seller. If asked I'll send back the negatives.
I've bought many cameras over the years and seldom found film inside. Only half a dozen. A couple of years I bought a 6/6 Zeiss Ikonta with very old film inside in a flea market in Paris. Once I found it I returned the film to the woman who sold the camera to me - she told me the camera was a family item. Later I meet her again only to discover she never processed the film - she wasn't interested... That's sad !
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  2:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please look closer or enlarge the rear view mirror flag: is it Mishka, mascot for Moscow Olympics?

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  2:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Juhani !

I just have email to you a better file ;)
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  09:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/172016_Mishka.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/172016_Mishkastatue.jpg

What do you say, I would say it is Mishka, so around 1980

Edited by - cedricfan on Jul 01 2016 09:31:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  12:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Juhani !!!
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  05:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

... so around 1980

Yes. Not earlier 1978.

quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

172016_Mishkastatue.jpg

This is better:

Edited by - Zoom on Jul 05 2016 05:11:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  12:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent, thank you Zoom :)

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  1:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juhani, how could you notice Mishka on this photo ? Was you specially trained in recognizing details ?

Jacques, so you bought 125 in 1965. Could you show a photo of your car. I know this is forum of Russian cameras not Italian cars so ... you can write the photo was made with Jupiter 8.
I'm asking because in 1965 I had no chance to buy anything. I was not borned yet but I had 125p 30 years later.

Edited by - Alfa2 on Jul 05 2016 3:13:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  2:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I collect Mishka's also

Best regards,
Juhani

PS: I even collect cars & bikes, so this picture was a huge pleasure to my eyes

Edited by - cedricfan on Jul 05 2016 10:49:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  2:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for this is good explanation. I had thought I'm half-blind. Half because I have noticed a car, even 2 cars. Now I can be cool, there is nothing wrong with my eyes.

Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Sep 07 2016 :  7:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to everyone.

This is my first post here.

Anyway, It's an interesting find you made jed. Just think of the stories that could be hiding on that film. What if there's a photo of someone who went missing some time after the pics were taken? What if someone could've proved their innocence of a crtime because these pics show that they were not at a the crime scene when the crime was done but no-one remembered about the pics?

Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  3:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sean !
Welcome here ;)
I wish every used camera I buy came with exposed film inside. A couple of weeks ago I found another film inside a FSU camera, sadly it was blank :(
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  11:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a VAZ-21011, they made them since 1974. Olympic Mishka is a great find. I'd say early 1080's.
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Sep 11 2016 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello jed.

I know what you mean about every used camera should have exposed film in. Think of the stories and possibly 'shocks' and ahem 'pleaseant surprises' they could contain. EVERYONE would of course wants Celebs' old cameras.

The last Zorki 4k I sold I had left a film in, but only a few pics were exposed, and being a telentless idiot, I'd be surprised if anyone wanted them.

I'm sorry I sold it. It was practically mint. I bought from a yank on ebay. I managed to get a set of new Hoya filters (Red, Green, Orange, Yellow and Sky 1b) for it. It seems the only filters I can find now are either resin and not coated or second hand.
Go to Top of Page
Nathan Chen
nhchen
Australia
10 Posts
Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  11:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's certainly interesting looking at photos found in old cameras. I found some old ORWO film in a Beltica folding camera.
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2102016_IMG_0002.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2102016_IMG_0007.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2102016_IMG_0019.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2102016_IMG_0021.jpg

Not sure where it's from, German?

regards,
nathan
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2578 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  05:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome here, Nathan!
And thanks for this good find! Back to our youth...
The fair little girl is certainly around 40 years old now...

"Sehr geerhte Kundin" = Dear customers.
And the car is a Trabant from the ex-DDR. It had known better days...
So all that probably comes from Germany.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Oct 03 2016 05:30:46 AM
Go to Top of Page
SteveA
United Kingdom
129 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  1:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last shot looks like it relates to a German competition with three prizes - had a play about on Google Translate. The VW Golf would have been an improvement on the Trabant!

Cheers,

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From mid to late 80ies in my opinion.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it looks like manualraffle ticket for Gereman lotto with 3 prizes.
Trabant suggest East Germany - DDR.
End of sending tickets - 30 Nov 1990.

Edited by - Alfa2 on Oct 03 2016 2:27:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Nathan

It's Germany in 1990 (see the date of the advertisement!), probably east Germany (former Democratic German Republic, DGR, "DDR" in german). The Trabant from the eastern "VEB (Sachsenring) Automobilwerke Zwickau" has absolutly nothing to do with the Volkswagen (VW) Golf by the way. The advertisement with the competition looks like what "old" Germany has done to the former GDR people. I bet it was some kind of fraud ... :-(

Hope it will help you.

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, this is an adverisement. Thanks Guido.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, guido hit it. this kind of (fraudulent) ad was dispatched in eastern germany after the reunification (1989). it's still working with old people nowadays. it's on the brink of fraud. they release some millions of tickets and there are only 3 winning tickets which are really worth the participation. but all rest of the people responding are giving their addresses and some more valuable information away. and who knows if "by chance" the three winning tickets have not ben sent away...

and yes, this is eastern german people, probably owning a "datscha", a holiday and weekend hut, and a trabant after an accident...

www.a7camera.com www.120folder.com www.instantphoto.eu
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  3:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hello "Alfa2" (do your parents called you so? ;->)

Yes, it is some sort advertisement for a fashon boutique (the name is not known ... it began with "Modehaus" and ends with "...nke") with a competition. Because of the end of the competition at 30th of November 1990 the picture must be taken in 1990. But I can't say more about, sorry.

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  3:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hello "xya" (please ask your parents for a better name ...)

Thank you for your answer. I see you remember the times ... :-/ - It was a very bad time for this people and many western german "business men" (-> hustlers) had done a "great" job. And even the gouvernment (with the "Treuhandanstalt", short "Treuhand") has sold many companies for very low profits ... Don't remember me! It was a very, very bad time ... Even today they have problems because of this.

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  3:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guido

Hello "Alfa2" (do your parents called you so? ;->)

My nick comes from polish camera Alfa2, successor of Alfa camera. I have decided to add this "2" at the end to know it comes form the camera not from e.g. Alfa Romeo.
quote:
Originally posted by Guido

... And even the gouvernment (with the "Treuhandanstalt", short "Treuhand") has sold many companies for very low profits ...

Wow Guido, you know about that ?
Of course I fully agree with you. But I thought it was not known on the West.
Go to Top of Page
Nathan Chen
nhchen
Australia
10 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  6:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for all your responses! I didn't know there were ads like these. It must have convinced the person who owned the camera because they even took a photo of it!

regards,
nathan
Go to Top of Page
Nathan Chen
nhchen
Australia
10 Posts
Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  12:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remembered I had some other photos found on old film. I got some exposed 120 film a while ago from a russian ebay seller. Most of them had nothing on them, but one had these:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/3102016_IMG_0003.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/3102016_IMG_0002.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/3102016_IMG_0004.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/3102016_IMG_0007.jpg
I have no idea what camera was used to take them though. Probably a folder I would guess since the frames were running horizontally and not vertically as in a TLR.
regards,
nathan

Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  10:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe a Kiev 6x4 then?

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  12:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There could be Pentacon Six, Praktisix, Kiex 60 or Kiev 6C. They were most popular.
Of course there could be some cheep plastic camera like e.g. polish Ami.

Edited by - Alfa2 on Oct 05 2016 12:58:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
Nathan Chen
nhchen
Australia
10 Posts
Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  7:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah I forgot there were also 6x6 slrs too!
nathan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google