Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Frank Miller
fmiller

USA
2 Posts
Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  1:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received a Jupiter 12 35mm f2.8 that I purchased on ebay.

The seller listed it as M39, but what I got is in (I think) a Contax RF mount.

I can return it, but would rather find an adapter that will allow me to use it on a Sony A7 RII.

Can any of you give me some advice about what to get?

Thanks!

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/582016_lens.jpg

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  2:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,

unfortunately they're not cheap, but I would really watch this lens on this adapter, it sits very deep make sure it does not touch the sensor (if I remember correctly it touched it on my SONY NEX)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-RF-KIEV-4-NIKON-S-lens-to-SONY-E-NEX-Adapter-A6300-A7-A7R-/222199183818?hash=item33bc1a79ca:g:t1IAAOSwT6pVtn3c

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  3:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
look at my website www.a7camera.com and you will find the adapter as well as the lens. the lens isn't too good on a digital sensor. on my a7 it just doesn't touch the sensor, but it's quite close. the adapter is not cheap, as vlad said. there are russian sellers which do good work and are cheaper. search for "nex contax rf adapter" and you will find them. I have bought 2 from grandseller, they came with a free lens each. he was reliable to me (greetings from xya if you buy from him). if you want to buy more lenses, the contax mount versions of famous zeiss lenses or their russian equivalent are much cheaper than the M39 versions...

www.a7camera.com www.120folder.com www.instantphoto.eu

Edited by - xya on Aug 05 2016 4:01:04 PM
Go to Top of Page
Frank Miller
fmiller
USA
2 Posts
Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  5:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both - this is very helpful!

f
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  5:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're welcome. I second grandseller, had good experience with him as well. One of my favorites to shoot on the Sony was Jupiter-9, it was also on the contax adapter, using an outer mount.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  05:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have both versions of the jupiter-9. my contax version is ways better than the zenit one on the A7. you are right, vlad, it's a nice lens.

www.a7camera.com www.120folder.com www.instantphoto.eu
Go to Top of Page

Milo Schekkerman
Valkir1987
Netherlands
195 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  2:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Valkir1987's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well most advice on the adapter has been given. Getting a Kiev if you decide to keep the lens is a nice thing too. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google