Created by Vlad on 12/28/2007 9:01:45 PM
Last Edited by nathandayton on 5/10/2008 12:43:20 PM  
Located in
Still Cameras > GOMZ / LOMO / VOOMP - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  11:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody have more information on this camera? What program it use? What electronics? Why 6 elements? And simple was it really built on LOMO's conveyer or it another very well made fake?

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  11:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No from my understanding it's the same camera as Sokol Automat 6 Cell and that's a legit camera.. this is just a UK version of it as the other 3 Cell Aurora. Maybe Steve can contribute any info about this piece, it's from his collection after all.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  03:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea, it's a real camera from 1966-1969. "Aurora automat" is an early export version of Sokol Automat. It's quite uncommon, but still can be found nowadays. Much rarer is another export camera, under name "Revue Auto RS" (six cells), which was made for Germany market (Foto Quelle)in small quantities, so almost impossible to see one for sale ...

I was lucky to buy one Revue Auto RS with 3 cells, but never saw one with "6". Below is the picture how it looks like ...

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  07:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i possess sokol 6 cells AND Aurora cells too...wait a little and i will send you some pictures and describe.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  05:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

here are for comparison.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  6:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I said previously in this forum, the two Sokol series are the same.
The "Six Cells" and the "Three Cells" really have bolth only one cell. Greater and rectangular in the "Six Cells" model round and smaller in the "Three Cells" variation.
Those cameras are original project (as Orion KM and Selena)from Fuji/Copal and date from 1962
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  7:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So first models had bigger sensor and later, with advances in electronics, sensor was reduced in size.
What changed 6 openings to 3 openings to 1 opening. And LOMO 130 is not economical version
of Sokol, but rather more advanced model? Am I right?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  7:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Lomo 130, is it true it's ridiculously expensive? Someone told me they bought one for $700???

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  06:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have bought my Lomo-130A for USD51. And Juhani was my only competitor on eBay few years ago ...
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  09:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All Sokol (and Aurora Lomo Revue etc..) cameras are basically the same camera. Modifications only in cosmetics and some external details on parts. The only "Great" modifcation was done in flash contacts and tips. The shutter and galvanometer control were all the same. Special mention must be done on rangefinder In my opinion better and simpler than all Leica M series at least compares favourably to M6.
- Who had ever thought in a Zorki 4k or a FED 5 or a Kiev 5 with such rangefinder?-
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bought mine 130A at DVD technik...comfortable price...but you know it is a rare item (was missing in my collection ;-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google