Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
sean perry
seany65

United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  11:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I've got a zorki 4k and jupiter 8 with case that I want to get rid of as I can't see enough of the 'picture' in the viewfinder, but it does have a couple of problems:

1) The rangefinder needs adjusting as the image it gives is a little bit lower than the real image, it also seems that it may not be focusing on infinity properly, as I focused on some clouds and the distance scale was just beyond 20 metres and not at infinity.

2) there is a 'patch' in the viewfinder which is just below the top edge of the of the viewfinder on the right hand side. It goes across the viewfinder in almost a straight line along to the left side. It starts off brown on the right, and goes to see-through pale green on the left. The brown part is in a sort of 'triangle' shape with the point being towards the middle top of the 'finder, and the flat side going down a very short way along the right side. The whole thing is barely noticeable in use as it is above the main 'picture' area.

I've been told that this patch is likely to be tarnishing of the silvering on a rangefinder window, and not fungus.

Cosmetically, the body is in good shape.

Here's some pics. Click on the little picture and a big one will come up:

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

This is the actual camera and lens. They were taken by " itsfozzy " for its ebay listing.

I don't really care how much or little you offer, so long as you're prepared to tweak the rangefinder and fix the patch problem. I'd rather the kit was repaired and used and not split up and the body dumped in the bin.

In fact if you are overseas, then maybe if you just send me a pre-paid shipping label (I'd get the camera, case, lens and packing weighed so that you would know how much to pay. IF it can work that way), then maybe you could have it for free?

Edited by - seany65 on Sep 23 2016 12:47:20 PM
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  06:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: A seller on ebay has offered me a swap for one of his cameras. I need to send it to him by wednesday as he's going abroad again. I think it's probably to ukraine as he sells most of his stuff from there. I've told him he can look at it to decide if he wants it and then to send me the camewra I've chosen.

If this works out I'll delete this topic, if not I'll let you all know so's you can take it if yuo want it.

Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  11:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems the seller I referred to in my previous post has accpeted tha zorki 4k and so I want to delete this thread. How do I do that?
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  5:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad, this camera and lens is no longer for sale.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google