Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pierre Tizien
Moxies

France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  5:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi
In the today's parcel came a lens sold as no name macro lens. Weird body, no visible marking. My friend in Ukraine told me it looks like a modified Tair, looking at the size of the body and the lenses. So I took a look at it, and noticed some almost erazed marking on the front ring.
It says something quite interesting! Tair-3N (ТАИР-3Н) , 4.5/300 and N78048! So maybe from the same family of Tair-16N, supposably used by Navy (not sure at all, just results of my "investigations" about Tair-16N). There is a Tair-16N from 1977, so it could fit. About the rear part of the lens, not sure at all that it's guenuine, looks like an adaptation, but marking looks professionnal. The M42 ring is 100% not guenuine.
On the photo marking is not very visible, but it's more clear when playing with light source.

Do anyone has any additionals infos about such Tair-3N? I didn't find any factory logo.
Diaphragme ring is clicked, so certainly not from device with motorized diaphragme selection.

Edited by - Moxies on Mar 27 2017 5:56:17 PM
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  4:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, that is an odd-looking lens. And the mystery is deepened by the fact that someone, somewhere, decided to try and erase the engraving on the front, but not making such a great job of it. Perhaps there was no need for a complete erasure of it, maybe it would only be seen from a distance?

Hmmm, it's just ocurred to me that 'brand' names of cameras etc. are often blanked-out in films, especially US films. Maybe this was used in a film and the film company didn't want to advertise the lens brand, or perhaps the brand name would've shown the lens to be not from the same time the film was set in?

Edited by - seany65 on Apr 08 2017 5:01:33 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google