Last Edited by uwittehh on 12/26/2022 1:37:17 PM  
Located in
Still Cameras > KMZ - Zorki

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pitxu
France
4 Posts
Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  11:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've been looking for a zorki 3 for some time, but I though that the zorki 3 and 3M had all the slow shutter speeds. The 3 with the separate dial on the front, and the 3M with all speedes combined on the top plate. Any help please.

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  11:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have today recived my 3M, so here's fresh information. The 3M does indeed have all speeds 1 - 1/1000s in one top dial, when 3 has two dials which is usually a less reliable solution. And when I asked here which is more rare I did get the answer that it is 3M.

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  11:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well they're both quite rare.. and yes it's the same speeds on both, just different mechanics.

Pitxu, are you looking for a camera for collection or for usage? Because if you want a Zorki for usage, you can as well go with Zorki 4, it has the same number of speeds (although they're a bit different, like 1,4,8.. instead of 1,5,10..) but it has a full range from 1 to 1/1000 and it's cost you 4 to 5 times less money.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  11:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

I have today recived my 3M, so here's fresh information. The 3M does indeed have all speeds 1 - 1/1000s in one top dial, when 3 has two dials which is usually a less reliable solution. And when I asked here which is more rare I did get the answer that it is 3M.

I'm not so sure, that Zorki-3M is more rarer than Zorki-3. I agree, that both cameras are quite uncommon, but I have met dozens of Zorki-3M in my life and only few Z-3 ones.
Go to Top of Page
Pitxu
France
4 Posts
Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  02:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for the info.
Vlad, I've already got a Zorki4 in black and it's great. I just like the look of the top plate on the 3, and even better the 3M. I think these 3's were the first Zorkis to have the RF and VF combined in one window, but still keeping the rest of the top plate very low.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  1:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, these are beautiful cameras, I like both of mine very much . If you're a collection it's a must have.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google