Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
sean perry
seany65

United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  6:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope this is in the right place, if not, then I'm happy to let one of the mods move to the right place.

I was wondering if you only want specifically Russian cameras on this forum?

I'd like to suggest that cameras from other 'Iron Curtain' countries also be included, cameras such as Weltaflex tlrs and Meopta Flexaret tlrs and Pentacon fm/Contax fm, Praktica fx 35mm cameras etc.

I think this could be a good idea as there probably aren't many forums that specifically include these cameras.

I for one have considered getting one of these but I know very little about them, especially the Pentacon fm's etc.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  8:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sean, this forum is primarily for cameras from the 15 USSR Republics. The idea is to keep it very specialized and narrow. Check out Soviet cameras and lenses group on Facebook, they envelop all the Warsaw pact countries as well.

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Apr 14 2018 :  02:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Warsaw pact countries there were 2 of them which produced very big amount of models and cameras in general. There were Russia and GDR. So to extend discussions on our forum by cameras produced in Warsaw pact countries but not in Germany should almost not change profile of our forum. But to include all GDR cameras would complitely change the forum.
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Apr 14 2018 :  4:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad and Alfa: Thanks for the replies.

Sorry it's taken a few days to reply to you, but I 'lost' this thread, lol.

I'm not on Facebook and I never even think of going on it, so if I did join that group I'd probably forget I had joined and would end up a sort of 'ghost' member.

Go to Top of Page
Nicolas
Gelios
USA
57 Posts
Posted - Apr 14 2018 :  8:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The name of the site is pretty clear, no?
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Jun 01 2018 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gelios, yes the name is clear, I just wondered if they'd ever considered adding other 'Iron Curtain' countries.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google