Located in
Lenses & Optics > Other Lens

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  7:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey People!
A question arose! - Why the existenace of this lens? Same aperture, focal length, same purpose and for same camera specified. There were previosly the Tair 3 from KMZ -Grand Prix in Brussels Fair 1958- Why return to the old FS2?

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  7:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill was telling me these were replacement spares?

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  04:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is OK But why in Zenit mount? why not in case mount? Original FS-2 for FED and reflex cage are sensibly shorter than the one illustrated.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Possibly to use this lens with a Zenit, which by this time is available, mounted on an FS-2 stock, but not using the reflex cage since it would not be necessary? Only one idea.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  12:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a good idea but you dan note that original FS-2 stock is hold sto the camera/lens assy through the bottom of the reflex box.
Was it ever built an original FS-2 Zenit? Princelle book suggests positively. But observe this lens has no tripod bush collar as found on Tair 3 lenses...was there any grip in a special built stock?
Only speculations for a future research.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Luiz, that is certainly right about how the lens would be mounted onto an original FS-2 stock, so unless there was some separate attachment device made to make mounting possible, then the lens was made for some other reason.

Although Princelle suggests the existance of the FS-2 Zenit, as far as I know it has not been seen, however a number of this kind of lens are seen. So... I don't know ... but I think the key to the mystery is in the date of these lenses ... circa 1959!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  12:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Bill You bet! 1959 is a much suspect date.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  4:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz,
I think the date is correct and everything about these lenses looks to be authentic. What I mean is, that the true answer to what they were used for will be correlated to that time period. In other words, to find the answer we have to look at the cameras that were being produced and used at that time. I think the lens was made for use on something from that time.
Maybe it was not even for a photosniper, just called FS-2 because it is similar to the lens used on that famous camera. As you say, where is a way to mount that lens on any photosniper?

Regards, Bill

Edited by - nightphoto on Jan 12 2008 4:15:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google