Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
sean perry
seany65

United Kingdom
307 Posts
Posted - May 19 2019 :  6:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I was just wondering if I should be kicked off the forum for not owning any USSR photo gear now?

I did own a fed 2, which I liked even though the rangefinder patch was hard to see in bright light, but as I had 10 other cameras and no space I had to part with it.

Since then I've bought a 6x6 folder (not from the USSR so I won't name it) and the distances on the lens are the same as the distances on Lomo Blik range finders, so I bought one on ebay from soemhere in eastern Europe. It was albelled as being properly adjusted but when I got it the range finder was out of distance alignment. I almost managed to get it right but then it went so far out that I couldn't even see the patch in the viewfinder and I couldn't get it back again.

I bought another on ebay, also from eastern Europe and it was slightly out as well and I also couldn't manage to adjust either, so now I have no USSR gear.

Has anyone got a properly adjusted Lomo Blik (that has a rangefinder patch that is easy to see, but not so bright as to make the real image hard to see), which won't go out of adjustment on it's way to me?

Out of interest, exactly how loose is the big screw supposed to be before adjusting the two smaller screws, and which adjusts the horizontal alignment?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Edited by - seany65 on May 23 2019 11:58:27 AM
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
307 Posts
Posted - Nov 07 2019 :  1:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've actually found a lomo Blik that doesn't need any realignment so it looks like I'll be keeping it, which I actually do now have a bit of FSU stuff, so iwon't have to be kicked off the forum in disgrace after all, lol.

I would still like information on exactly how to realign the rangefinder patch in case it needs it in the future, so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Please bear in mind that I can't read russin and I haven't found a way to get either fireox or Opera to translate pages.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google