Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  4:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Help me out here, I bought it because of the name, but obviously there's something fishy here, but a nice piece for collection no matter what. Maybe I discovered new species

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140199733592&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

Anyone knows what this is??? He says it's Minolta and it does look like my X-370... but Zenit???? Not Zenith but ZENIT.. wierd...

Vlad.

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  5:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The back says "SHANGHAI CHINA / LICENSED BY MINOLTA. So I think it is a Chinese camera designed by Minolta... just named ZENIT.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  6:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
foresaying "Zoom" words...
My friend go to...
"ne nashi Zenity"
http://zenit.istra.ru/qa/qa-nonkmz.html
there is the "Zenit DF 300"
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  7:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Thanks everyone! I'll keep it in my collection for a while ... maybe I'll trade it at some point..
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  8:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that I've thought about I think I made a mistake .. don't need no Chinese camera I asked the seller if I can cancel the transaction, if anyone wants it he'll probably relist it.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want it, before Alain says that he demands it...
It is a son of Minolta. But now made in China, and actually named Seagull there. Name with history back to early 60ies. For some reason they did this Zenit-rebadging, and I truly can't understand why. Seagull had never before done anything illegal like this in their models.

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/

Edited by - cedricfan on Jan 17 2008 11:32:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani I'll take it offline with you.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  10:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
About Chinese Zenits....
I do not know why, but several BelOMO Zenits came from factory with Chinese eveready cases! Soon after came Chinese eveready cases with Chinese "Zenits". Those cases are easeiy recognizable in having a die cast "Zenit" namein its front. Those cameras are renamed "Seagulls" DF. Chinese cameras were unknown world wide, so they used the Zenit name to be more widely sold. This happened in the years 90/92 when the Russian Mafia was controlling the desintegrating Ex Soviet Export market. Their General Export Headquarters operated in Panama.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  9:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juhani, you may be interesting about this item as well:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Binoculars-of-Russian-General-Given-to-Chinese-General_W0QQitemZ250204230841QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  9:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also Juhani if you read this, I sent you a number of emails, please respond, I want to make sure they did not go to your spam folder.

Sorry for OT everyone.
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Boris Vaynman
zavidai
1 Posts
Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  11:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Son of Minolta....HeHeHe... Vlad - don't say that I never vistit
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  10:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I won't say that anymore, Boris! .. Boris is a close friend of mine that gets to listen to all my rantings about Soviet cameras all the time and likes to leave his dirty fingerprints on my FEDs
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  12:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the beast is now coming to a very happy new owner now, thanks to Comrade Vlad

Edited by - cedricfan on Jan 20 2008 12:12:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google