Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 19 2024 :  9:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Among pur partners, members and contributors. I ask:
- Which Soviet camera is more fashionable, usable and/or pleasant, or fascinate you ?

The first idea is to have a common symbol for us.

After answers I will show you an interesting and perhaps unknown item.
Do not leave the question unanswered please.

Regards
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2024 :  02:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What a question, dear Luiz!

For me, it would be a Fed NKVD, without hesitation, regardless of the version. But tell me if you want a second preferred camera...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Milo Schekkerman
Valkir1987
Netherlands
195 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2024 :  4:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Valkir1987's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The Zenit E series. It was my first reflex camera which I still use today. It is perhaps one of the most produced camera's of all time, widely sold in the Netherlands.

The commonly sold lens with the kit the Helios-44 (Zeiss Biotar copy) is still very popular.

They made success with a camera that was not a direct copy, but a design that evolved from the Leica and Zorki. I like the simplicity reliability and straightforward design. And most of all the 'built to last' factor being service friendly and repairable.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2024 :  4:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Answers were very similar to my thoughts, as expected.
We need more answers to fulfil a research.
The second choice is also acceptable;
In answers to the first choice we should advance the next question:
Why? - The reasons of first choice.
Regards
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2024 :  4:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like Jacques, I like the FED NKVD. The best two for me are the Zorki 3 and Zorki 3M. But I also love the Zenit, my first SLR was a Zenit B from Foto-Quelle, labeled as Revueflex B. I still have it :-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2024 :  8:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll go with the "fascinates you" part or Luiz question.

1. Zarya (no idea why, just fascinates me)
2. Kristall (childhood memories, and a cool camera, especially with a chrome Helios-44)
3. Start, Narciss - build quality
Will stop here.

But in general, what the Soviets directly copied (from Leica, Contax), like FED or Kiev - do not fascinate me. The originals do, but not the copies. I do love the FEDs and Kievs' of course, would not be on this forum otherwise.

Edited by - fedka on Apr 20 2024 8:32:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  05:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Why the Fed NKVD as my first choice?

When I began collecting, I fell across a prewar Fed. It was in the nineties, and we did not know much about them (I had the chance it was perfectly usable). A subject of research which was accompanied, a bit later, by the Princelle and Alain Berry.
It's too, by its different versions, a "concentrate" of history. I specially think of the production during the forties: last 1d-s, so-called Berdsk, Red Flag, Fed Arsenal, very first 1f...
And it's too a real pleasure. Still now, I am moved by the second curtain overtaking the first one, at 1/20th. I usually shoot with a Canon EOS 1V: massive, heavy but perfect .That said, I regularly come back to my 1941 1d S with a wartime 2/5cm Sonnar. Magic!

As my second choice, I would say the Zorki 3 too: beautiful and innovating.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
pkrpkr
13 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  12:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zorki 1 was my mother's camera which I was allowed to use and it always worked, even if your fingers almost froze off in the winter snow. Pleasant but not fascinating.

Fascinating: I go with Jacques concerning the pre-war FED, also because diving into it's history it reveals a lot of what was going on in Russia at that time. And usable too - mine stil work.
The Leningrads may not be very handy in your pocket but I like the chunk of heavy metal with it's mechanical motor drive.
Go to Top of Page

Fred_L
France
223 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  3:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My choice will be the Gomz SPORT...
Probably because this is the first reflex camera (or may be the second)...
And it is a so unusual camera.....

Fred
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  8:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all for the reply. This is to get the feeling of admirers /collectors mind I need more answers from you that compose our forum
Regards.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google