Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Kiev SLR

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  07:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saliut C is not exactly the Zenit 80.
This is seen by the fact former sports a Vega 9 with auto diphragm and Zenit 80 (original Saliut last version) uses Industar 29 (or Vitoflex) lens with spring load diaphragm. The Saliut C (S) operates with both lenses but not so does Zenit 80. Further Saliut (Now Kiev 80) only operates the newer automatic lenses .
Regards
LP

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  11:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh boy, Luiz... now you're telling me Zenith 80 is a different camera? damn, now I have to collect this one too ...
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  5:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tere are two main differences. According to series, Zenit 80 and Kiev 80 are respectively Saliut and Saliut S they differ on the screen and on the auto diaphragm coupling. The lenses are also different Industar and Vega Kiev 88 has another brighter screen and and the lens Volna also hot shoe and only "X" synch. and the Kiev 88 S has an added new magazine (back openings) and new angled shutter button.
Zenit 80 first series goes to 1;1200 further types to 1/1000. original Saliuts had self timer and 1/1500 speeds.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google