Located in
Member Articles & Blogs > Collectors and Collections

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto

USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  11:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Since this, our site USSRPhoto.com, lovingly created by Vlad, has become so popular with all of us collectors, and we have all gotten to know each other so much better, I have recently been thinking that it would be nice to have a specific place to look at photographs of each other and our collections ... so that just like we can look in the catalog for a camera or lens, we can also look to see photographs of our collector friends.

Today when Aidas posted photos of himself and Viktor Suglob, it inspired me to ask Vlad to open a category for just this purpose. And, as always with Vlad, he was very responsive and made the category "Collectors & Collections", in the WIKI under the "Member Articles & Blogs" section.

So, now I have made an entry for myself, and you can see me.

I hope you will all enjoy this new category and anyone who wants to be in it can post photos of themselves especially, or of their collection as a whole, with the general idea being to know each other in a more visual way.

If anyone wants me or Vlad to add photos of yourselves that have already been posted in the forum, just give us permission and we can do it.

Of course, since this is a part of the WIKI, anyone can also write to Vlad to have a photograph or entry removed as well.

So now you see me ;-)

Regards, Bill

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  01:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,
great idea - i like it too ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  02:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this idea too, but I must warn everybody that my cameras are much better looking than I am!!! As I don't have any cameras here with me in Azerbaijan and so I will wait to post my photo's until I return to the UK in a couple of weeks time.
By the way, I just love Bill's TSVVS, and wish I had bought one when I had the chance a few years back.

Regards, Jim
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1005 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  2:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very good idea, just added a hasty one!

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  4:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Took a step back and looked at all this from the outside: this whole cataloging stuff business is getting out of hand LOL! Now we've started to catalog ourselves!! Just an observation, I still like the idea, Bill, don't get me wrong! This is just a funny thought that occurred to me that I decided to share with you all. hehehehehe

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  6:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

We haven't catalogued our cats and dogs yet!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  9:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And thank god for that! That means that we didn't go completely bonkers just yet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google