Created by AidasCams on 2/14/2008 8:01:10 AM
Last Edited by AidasCams on 2/14/2008 8:03:59 AM  
Located in
Still Cameras > MMZ / BelOMO - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  10:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! I really like this one! How big is it? Bigger then Viliya? Why two shatter buttons (or they are not for shatter?) Is back made from metal or plastic? Does it need battery? What can you see in vewfounder? How many frames can you take on full cock?

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  06:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Siluet Rapid Auto is smal enough camera, but heavy one. It's all made from metal, so back either. The camera measures about 11cm x 9.2cm x 5.5cm and need no battery for sure . Two shutter buttons are to select 2 different programs. On the viewfinder you can see two tabs with shutter speeds: one - blue one for 1st program 1/30s-1/250s, and the second one is yellow 1/30s-1/250s again. Depending on the light, camera is choosing the appropriate shutter speed automaticly. The metal needle shows the speed selected (like on Olympus OM-2 SLR camera, if I remember correctly). Distance is estimated by symbols, you can see them on viewfinder as well. On full cock you can make 15-16 frames.

Please, don't ask me what these 2 programs mean ... maybe I was told about it, but can't remember recently ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  08:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Aidas!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  08:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are welcome. One day I will try to make some pictures with it ...
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  3:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This camera, the same way and in the same mean time of Orion KM was made in cooperation with Fuji who also built and sold a similar camera. Today these Fuji are also very rare because they were built in a single experimental batch.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  3:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These cameras were built in the late middle of the 1960 years and once they were reported as a great news from the East by the "Popular Photography" magazine. The report emphasized the two program system of the camera. In this same article they showed the Chaika first model.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  12:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okynek, my opinion regarding two shutter buttons - camera was made at BelOMO, so because of that they knew it was going to break, so they added second shutter button to use when the first one breaks.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  12:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Okynek, my opinion regarding two shutter buttons - camera was made at BelOMO, so because of that they knew it was going to break, so they added second shutter button to use when the first one breaks.

Vlad,

... but there is enough place on camera's top plate to place 5 more shutter speeds ...
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  1:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  3:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas, I see you are of a "very high" opinion about BelOMO as well... heheheheh
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  3:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just hope Mr. Suglob does not read this thread, he will get quite offended
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  10:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually and pesonally I do not thing BELOMO is so bad. I had enough problems with KMZ to say that they are much different by quality of the latest models, starting from Zenit E.

Edited by - okynek on Feb 19 2008 10:47:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  11:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And it's not that bad, it's just back in the USSR you're not a respected photographer if you're not complaining about BelOMO It's just a thing people used to love to complain about, just like a Zaporozhets car.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  12:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To say the truth, BeLomo is still one of my favourites. I don't care they have produced "****" under name Zenit . But they have created a lot of advanced conceptional cameras, which we like a lot and trying to find the samples for our collections. And ok ..., Belarus is a neighbour of Lithuania for ages and it's only 30km from Vilnius to reach the Border. If they still have president Lukashenka as an exotic leader of Belarus, that doesn't mean what we don't like our neighbours indeed ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google