Located in
Still Cameras > Medical and Special Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  12:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing that bugs me about this camera though, that it has this high serial #, which would indicate a quite substantial production numbers..
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1976 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  9:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Vlad
Observe similarity to the magazines of Kiev Space camera:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=17&ParentID=1&ContentID=121&Item=Kiev+6+Space+Camera
Very intriguing
Regards LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  9:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well it's just a very "Arsenal" kind of design, you know... it is definitely not a Space Kiev variation.... angles of the body look a little similar, but that's pretty much it.. oh and the red body cap .
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1976 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  10:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
It seems it has compatibility with Kiev 6 lenses.
The shutter dial stays at the same distance of the center of the frame which seems to be a strip down Kiev 6, with the same shutter mechanics; also a 6x6, now for 70mm without the mirror.
Those contacts What for? Are there LEDs or Infrared sensors in the film track? What FKR (Foto Krupno????)stands for? This camera has slow speeds but lacks the highest. So it is not a relay one for missiles or high altitude shooting but indeed it is made for remote control operation but why 70mm? Possibly an aerophotogrametric but has no motordrive..
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  10:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not even Kiev 6 - I would say even FK-6, it has more traits of that camera then more rounded Kiev 6C... very possible medical or scientific application.. very similar to Lomo's FKM-1 I would have to say.. Bill actually suggested it, but I now think it probably serves the same purpose...
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  11:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Maybe the "R" stands for "Reproduction"?
It looks like the SKD Space Kiev I just bought from Arsenal Photo (he was having a sale, but it is the one shown above in Luiz's catalog entry) but I don't think this FKR-01 is for space, for the reasons Luiz says, and also 1954 is a bit too early to need a space camera ... Sputnik-1 was 1957, unless the serial number does not denote the year which is possible.
I think probably by Arsenal or maybe GOMZ-LOMO and the bayonet mount is for a technical lens of some sort.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  12:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

Big props for getting that camera! You collection grows more extraordinary with each day, it's simply mind boggling at this point!

I would probably disagree on GOMZ-LOMO statement, the dials are overly obvious Arsenal, so is the body design... I've never seen this style of dials used by any other factory... Also agree with you and really doubt it's space-related either... it seems too non-rugged to be aerial too, usually cameras for military/aero purposes are much more heavier and protected... looks like a design with a lab environment in mind ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google