Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Don Gillette
dgillette4

USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  9:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a caveat to those thinking of getting an imarect finder, Check it closely, Most I received to repair I sent back because they were too expensive to recement the back to back prisms. They are nice if you can find a good one, another route would be one that just masks off the frame size. I really like the bright line finders though. Don

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  09:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don, I'm not generally very familiar with the accessories, could you explain with is an imarect finder?

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  11:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad: The Imarect finder is the Leica version of multiple fl finder, It might be a better to get one of the Russian or Japanese finders .These change viewfinder fl by a turret you rotate. I have seen many that the balsam between prisms has gone bad and looks hazy, it still works but somewhat distracting to use. Of those I was asked to repair most just had optical cement separation. To repair something like this required removing the prisms, carefully heating to separate them and then let them cool and remove any leftover cement. The recement process is easier except for the alignment of the two prisms. Needless to say a very expensive job.Don
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  12:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see, so it's a turret finder. Thanks, I did not know that term.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  12:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry Vlad the turret finders are Japanese or Russian. Imarect are variable by lens internal. Don
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have a picture of one you can post? I'm a bit confused.. I don't really know much cameras outside of Soviet/Russian stuff..

Thanks,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  2:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes vlad but it is a photo from pacific rim camera, from google. would that be okay to post or should I send it direct..to you? Don
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  3:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see it too, very much
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  5:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here it is, thanks Don!

You can post stuff in the forum as long as you don't hotlink and cite the source: (I do ask for full permission for Wiki catalog entries though)

Images source: http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  5:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don.. time to get a real email address, man.. no one can reply to you My email bounced as well...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  8:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vlad and everyone: my new e-mail is dgillette4@comcast.net ,is there any problem to change it on your web site? Let me know. good evening all. Don
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  9:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I changed the profile for you Don reflecting your new email.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  2:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Vlad. I am going about one by to to change addresses. My next project is to make a finder for the 85 I have coming from Yuri, When it's done I'll share it here..Don
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google