Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  9:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I will be there with a big chunk of my collection in collectors' tables section. Come by and say hello if you are in the area!

More info at: http://www.chicagophotographic.org/shows.shtml

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Vlad.
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  12:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very Eye Catching !

Thank you for announcing the Show, Vlad.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  12:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve,

Thank you for organizing it and convincing me to have a table!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  08:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can not make it to Chicago , but I wondering how can I find schedule of such shows else where? Is it special Web side for this?

Edited by - okynek on Mar 15 2008 08:10:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  3:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Where did you get such a Kiev III with the engraving "SOVIET PHOTO EQUIPMENT COLLECTOR'S RESOURCE" !

It must be very rare and you are lucky to have it in your collection ... hehehe

Thanks for representing our fine web site with this beautiful poster, Vlad!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  3:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehehe... thank you Bill!

Okynek, these shows as far I as I know are run independently, maybe Steve (organizer of Chicago Show) knows some central schedule where these are regularly posted.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  5:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Chicago Photographic Collectors Society holds this show each year. Our group is made up of Image and Camera Collectors. Generally most collectors groups will hold between i or 2 shows a year while there are other promoters that hold shows monthly or every other month. We're a not for profit organization. The proceeds from the show pay for the room, advertising, table rentals, security and a cashier. We hold meetings 9 months out of the year where members and guests come together and talk about either a chosen topic or a general "Show & Tell".

Our group is the second oldest in the country. We were founded in April, 1971. We speak to schools, camera clubs, library book clubs, etc. We donated $11,000.00 to the Chicago Historical Museum for the preservation of some of their cased images.

For further information visit our website at:
www.chicagophotographic.org/

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2008 :  12:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a picture of myself with my display at camera show..

Thank you to Steve B (Bull Halsey) and Chicago Photographic Collectors Society once more for providing me with a complimentary table!! The show was a success!

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC_9748.JPG

I will post some more images later.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 05 2008 :  1:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad - looking good!!!
Did you have a lot of activity at Russian Table?
Any interesting people you met?
Any stories to tell?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2008 :  5:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, not many American camera collectors are unfortunately interested in Russian cameras. There were a few people that came up to me, local photographers who use Kiev 88 and Salyut cameras today asking me some questions about those.. also a nice husband and wife couple had promised to email me an image of Spiratone branded version of FT-2 camera (which I have not yet seen, would be an interesting addition to catalog).

Quite a few people were interested in the nature of the military/scientific Zorki that I had, and almost everyone had asked me how much was the Narciss. and came away dissapointed because I wasn't selling anything. Besides one seller that had 3 beat up FED 1 NKVD bodies no one else had anything remotely Russian unfortunately...

Also got visited by that former Soviet photographer (the one who was shooting in kindergartens) and he had stayed for a while looking at every single piece and told me that Iskra was the dream of every photographer that he knew at the time who used a Moskva camera but they were nowhere to find... he was also particularly impressed by the Zenit 6 with Rubin-1, saying that he wished he had this kind of equipment back in USSR at the time..

Vlad

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 06 2008 :  06:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very very good Vlad!
Best wishes for all your ideas and iniciative!
Unfortunately people are moved only by advertising , and not by technical literature...futhermore, Russian photo equipment suffered a serious negative campaign by unserious people, retailers and some magazines, who saw in them a serious competitor, loosing that way a conquered position through lies and other unconfessable ways.
My best!
LP
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - May 14 2008 :  1:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I'm sorry to be getting back to the group so late. I've had a few issues to attend to.

I just wanted to thank Vlad for his truly wonderful display on Russian Cameras that he presented to the attendees of the Chicago Photographic Collectors Society Spring Show & Sale on May 4th.

Vlad is one of our newer members and has made himself quite a hit at meetings.
Up until his debut I was the only one occasionally bringing in Russian equipment if it pertained to the program or if it was an open discussion evening. Vlad's presense is now opening the eyes and minds of our members to the expanse of the Russian camera industry. It can only bring more collectors into the group.

Thanks again, Vlad.
Well Done !!!

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 14 2008 :  1:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, it was a pleasure.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 14 2008 :  1:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've posted more photos from the show in this Wiki Entry:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?ContentID=941&ParentID=49&WikiCatID=51

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google