Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 135mm Lenses - Do You Use Them On Your RF?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Steve
Bull Halsey

USA
229 Posts
Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  12:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a general question to ask. How many of you shoot with a 135mm lens on your RF camera? There are those who feel that because of the small openings of most 135mm viewfinders (unless you on a more modern and expensive optical brightline finder), the 135mm is just hard to use and is avoided.

I am asking this due to the fact that it was a matter of recent discussion I had with a customer. I have never turned away from using such a focal length on any of my Rf cameras. If the image required a long lens, I shot with a long lens, but alas, the lonely 135mm lens seems to have lost its glitz.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Steve

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have used 135mm on my Leningrad as much as the 28mm Orion.

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  5:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem is that the universal finder must sit in a very correct position or you will not have that on the picture what you have seen through it.

Ok, with a Leningrad it's not such a problem because of the engraved frames in the rangefinder ;-)

Btw, the Orion is a great lens, I have one with Kiev mount.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google