Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  10:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have just now read a translation of an article by our friend Guido Studer and completely shaken up and confused by the contents! Why would KMZ release block logo cameras sporadically within 3 years.. it just makes no sense to me.... I would understand the early version theory, but Guido blows it out of the water. Excellent article Guido, you're raised a lot of very interesting mysteries to solve..

Would our friend Zoom have anything to say about this?

Cheers,
Vlad.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  10:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry - link:

http://www.g-st.ch/privat/kameras/zenit1squarelogo.html

Run it through Google translator, I can't seem to paste a full link for translator in here, it does not work right for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  11:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hello Vlad

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

I have just now read a translation of an article by our friend Guido Studer

It's not my article, by the way, it's written by Dr. Alexander Schulz, the Autor of the book "Zenit", and first published in "Photographica Cabinett" in 2005. I have only received the permision by the author to put this article online (like some others).

quote:

... and completely shaken up and confused by the contents! Why would KMZ release block logo cameras sporadically within 3 years.. it just makes no sense to me.... I would understand the early version theory, but Guido blows it out of the water. Excellent article Guido, you're raised a lot of very interesting mysteries to solve..

It was a surprize to me too when I first read this article. It's well known there are some fakes of the Zenit "Square Logo" around, but I think that Mr. Schulz knows very well what he's writing about. Just an other "preseries" story to going down?! Yes, I think so.

quote:

Would our friend Zoom have anything to say about this?

I'm very interested in this too!

Best wishes - Guido (not the only "myth buster" by the way ... ;->)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google