Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  3:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While trying to mount my Zenit 3M on the MTO and playing with it, I started having this thing happen when winding up.. top of the curtain started dragging behind... is there a simple fix for this?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC_9718.JPG

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  3:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I look inside the body opening from front I can also see a ribbon that came down 1/3 way... Don't know if it's visible on picture below.....

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC_9720.JPG

Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  3:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
This looks like a broken ribbon. The fix is not that easy, but possible, since you only need a new ribbon, which most repairmen have.

Yuri
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  3:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man.. I was afraid of that.. thanks for your opinion, Yura! I will most likely send a whole box of broken cameras from my collection to you to get fixed over the summer
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  11:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh, sorry that you have this problem Vlad. I had same stuff with Kristall. It is definately bad ribbon. Without experiense shatter and evrething around it really hard to fix on Zenits
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  11:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Okynek, it sucks because it's the 50 year from October revolution (1917-1967) anniversary Zenit 3M.. it is otherwise cosmetically perfect.. Beautiful shelf piece, but it really bugs me to have a non-working piece in my collection .. I guess I'm somewhat a perfectionist in that sense...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  10:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
You should not be really upset about it, since it is fully repairable and the parts (ribbons and even curtains) are still available.
So you can keep in on the shelf with this knowledge in mind.

Yuri
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  1:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess , thank Yuri for making me feel better, I still want to fix them at some point though.. kind of sucks having broken cameras in the collection .. sometimes I do want to use them too...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google