Located in
Still Cameras > Homemade Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 03 2008 :  11:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
Great acquisition! The FotoRujie are always fascinating pieces!
there are lots of those hand built cameras around those Industar 51 or 37 lenses.
There were some articles at Sovetskoe Foto describing hand built units.
The pictures intrigued me specially in two points:
1- the screw and nuts in the tripod camera mount seems to force the need of a double camera mount. A ring coupling the camera and the lens.
2- obviuosly the firing system is operated by the trigger- How it works? is it removable for body change? Or is it permanently mounted?
An extra question- Why did the owner (or builder) choose a rare XX Congress camera?
Note: it seems that you can't fix fhe focus in a pre chosen position.
My best regards.
LP

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  5:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz, thank you!

This is first time I saw one with large format lens. Would be interested to see more examples!

The bolt and nuts I added since it had one missing, I had to put two nuts on it because the only fitting one was too long, I will replace it with shorter bolt. Firing system is not removable, it's a bracket that connects to the trigger piece that comes out from the back of the rifle. It seems to be machined to fit only Zenit E height. The camera itself (Zenit E Olympic) is mine, I bought it without the camera. Yes you cannot fix the focus, but it's quite efficient when you need to focus fast on something, I really like how fast it handles.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 04 2008 :  10:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes this is a great set!!!
I sow "photosnipers" made using Industar 51 and micro belows. It was pretty funny contraption
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2008 :  6:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Vlad
Very interesting!
Regards LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 06 2008 :  06:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
remarquable !!! ...may be one day i try to make such a model (something like old Novoflex ?)!

by the way ....i made in the past an assembly between snaiper lens and a rollei 3003 ..very efficient and comfortable because the viewfinder not in axle but on the side of camera.(I also do it whith a Nikon 801, whith electric switch and using focus assist.)

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  12:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An interesting page that I've found on flicker as a trackback to this entry on the web . Also features this particular camera in it.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/photosniper/discuss/72157605767579057/

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 12 2017 :  11:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Huh, there's another one like this for sale. Seems to be a small serial production of a small workshop possibly?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/handmade-Historical-RUSSIAN-PHOTOSNIPER-PHOTOGRAPHIC-/272668500533?hash=item3f7c4f2235:g:4vYAAOSwnHZYSovE

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 13 2017 :  04:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is one I found for sale in Ukraine some years ago. Built like a swiss watch

Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - May 20 2017 :  05:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another homemade Photosniper. This one is based on a Zenit-3M camera, fitted with an MTO 500mm mirror lens. It weighs over three kilos, but is extremely well balanced. Focussing is achieved by rotating the handle below the front of the lens, which in turn, helps support the whole Photosniper. The quality of construction is exceptional. The camera was manufactured in 1963 and the lens in 1965, so I would imagine that the Photosniper dates from around that time.
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2052017_Sniper 1.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2052017_Sniper 2.jpg

David.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google