Located in
Lenses & Optics > Other Lens

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
BERRY alain
mermoz37

France
814 Posts
Posted - May 06 2008 :  06:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know how to dismantle ? or something about focus thread reglages ?
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 06 2008 :  4:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allain
Congratulations on your new acquisition.
1) In the east, at a long time the East German lenses came with two scales.
2) Under the rubber grip, that is an over glove, it can be removed with a large needle that you pass throughout the lens, and carefully ungloves it off the focusing tube. There are regulation screws that does the your desired job. Now you move the front ring under the lens neck. The lens is set.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 10 2008 :  06:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear Luiz,
thanks a lot for tricks and tips !
now my focus is OK but i have some problem whith apertures ring pre-set !!!
do you know how is rear ring assembly, to access on aperture mechanism ?
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 10 2008 :  8:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My dear Allain
this tast is somewhat more difficult "Ochen trudnyi" as say the Russians You must begin removing the three rear screws that hold the bayonet to the lens body.
Do this very carefully because this frees the diapragm ring and there is a small ball & spring READY TO BE LOST!!!!!!!!!
So be careful. Now with a proper spanner wrench, carefully unscrew the whole back lens assembly. With a seringe and needle, inject rectified benzine and wait it dry near a 60 Watt lamp.
The rectified benzine dissolves the minimum oil present in blades that impair their function. After dried, close the blades, and frictionate a cotton moisted in colloidal graffite. Blast everything with air jet. see everything OK, no dust, and begin the reverse operation. The lens is ready.
GOOD Luck and good work.
Regards
Luiz
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 11 2008 :  1:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks again Luiz , i apreciate very much your knowledge...so i will try to dismantle my lenses carefully...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  08:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another one of these found in Finland with serial 9300273 so as Alain has 9600138 it was produced during at least three years.

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  7:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a dangerous assumption that it was produced in other than the 2 years that we have examples. I feel that these were pre-production samples!

I think that we have enough evidence to say that just before the fall of the USSR there were about to be released a fairly large number of new lenses and cameras that never saw full production!
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  10:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did write "at least". Now with three examples we know that 1993 over 300 units was made and 1996 over 100 units. I would not call that a preseries any more, those are typically the zero-serials. What would be good proof about when and how many would be to get more serials now...

Edited by - cedricfan on Nov 30 2008 11:18:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  2:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree that in the Older lenses that might have been true. KMZ always did that. But in the newer lenses there in no evidence that the 00 lenses were produced. There is no evidence that lens serial numbers started with 001. They could just as well have started with 200 or 300. We also have no evidence that they were produced every year.

A good example is the 3M-3B lenses where I have number 750080. Trevor and I have been researching these lenses for over 10 years and have hard data on only 10 examples spread over 5 years.

We also know that in the years just before the Soviet Union collapsed they were known to exagerate production figures.
Just a comment: I am an engineer by training and an historian by avocation and tend to much more concerned with with facts which can be prooven.

Edited by - nathandayton on Dec 01 2008 2:11:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  2:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Just a comment: I am an engineer by training and an historian by avocation and tend to much more concerned with with facts which can be prooven."
that's also my opinion...but : building hypothesis is so fun
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  3:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, and as I am a economist in profession I have many times more rational theories
Naturally we can only make hypothesis, but it was only a short while ago that we noticed here how wrong can too strict conclusions be. And if we know only a handful of items there may yet be several hundreds of produced ones.
Here finding 9400012 or 9500099 would mean that serials under 100 do exist and the lenses were produced also in between those years mentioned & proven. So far we can only assume that with usual numbering system the most logical answer is several hundred, most likely not many thousands, and during more than a couple of years, less than a decade.
Also we must notice that propably the lenses we have recorded were bought in big cities like Leningrad or Moscow, which can lead us wrong. The missing lenses can have been sent to other locations like official use or Vladivostok, and on to Japan?
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  04:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can just say: mine comes from China (second hand shangai)...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  08:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

Another one of these found in Finland with serial 9300273

And now travelling by post to me
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  2:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WoW what a lens!
For a 200mm f/2,8 it is lightweight & compact. Also minimum focus distance of 1,5 meters makes it almost macro. Overall finish is very good also. One oddity is the diaphgram which is behind lens elements in the rear, open! Pics tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  2:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the odd iris:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Oberon11K_4.JPG

And here it is easy to see the compactness of the lens:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Oberon11K_2.JPG

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google