Located in
Still Cameras > KGB - Spy Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka

USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 07 2008 :  3:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the spy camera collectors - I just posted a Zorki-6 Portfolio Disguise.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 07 2008 :  3:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazing! A question though - how does it fully wind the shutter on such small range of motion with a single press of a pedal? Is the winding mechanism modified?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 07 2008 :  10:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice Yuri, I have not seen this one before. I agree that it may not have been made at the KGB workshop, but it was made somewhere that was pretty professional... maybe a police workshop of some type or maybe even a Ukrainian division of KGB since there are similarities to the KMZ - KGB work (stamped with a number .. mechanism painted black, etc.) Thanks for showing us this and the lady's handbag too. Was the lady's handbag from Odessa police too?

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 08 2008 :  5:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allain posted one some time ago but I can't find it.
Can any one hlep?
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 08 2008 :  5:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here it is:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=436
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 08 2008 :  10:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, this is the same as Alain's. So this appears to be some kind of standard design, probably made in relatively large quantities.

I missed the Alain's post, would surely jump on it then. But in general it is a good idea to post the item the Wiki, and then start a thread from there.

Vlad, the Zorki-6 has a ratcheted winding lever, you can wind it with several small strokes. This is what this mechanism does - depending on how "deep" you squeeze the lever, it may take some 3-5 squeezes.

I still doubt this is a KGB issue, must be some other agency, police most likely. KGB would stick its favorite F-21 in it.

Bill, the purse came from Moscow, and its KGB origin was confirmed (to some extent).
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 09 2008 :  6:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad
I would do the same Yuri's suggestion Placing all photos together in Wiki.
PS: Why not open a wiki addenda gathering all photos from forum?
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 10 2008 :  06:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Yuri...
that's exactly same as mine ...! but in black.
it aws told me by seller , a KGB ukanian agency made ...no more informations.

So for me it is a "special handmade camera built by a sewing machines repair man !!!! )
alain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google