Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 20 2008 :  10:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

as some of you have noticed a little change on the site - I've added a new Collections Module to it.

Here you can view USSRPhoto.com collections or easily create your own, using our extensive Wiki Catalog as a template. It's as simple as checkmarking the items in our Wiki Catalog as "already own" to quickly build up your initial list.

It is a paid premium service, since I do have to pay for disk space and bandwidth to provide this service...

You may try it for free for a full month with full features, if you like it, you can subscribe to it if not, you'll have the opportunity to export what you've done into an Excel file and continue tracking your stuff offline. It will at least give you a jump start on organizing your collection.

USSRPhoto.com Member Collections Builder allows you to:

* Host, maintain and personalize your collection online with USSRPhoto.com. No knowledge of HTML required!
* Easily add, edit, delete and organize items in your collection in multiple custom categories that are managed by you!
* Add from our Wiki Catalog or add your own items
* Automatically use Wiki Catalog item image and description or create your own
* Privately keep track of prices, serial #s and notes for each item like current value, etc as well as the ability to make items or entire collection private. These fields and items are only visible to you.
* Export your collection list at any time into Microsoft Excel file.
* And many more features to come!

In general I am planning to constantly add more features, to more tightly integrate it with the Wiki Catalog, so you'll be able to jump back and forth and I will provide many more cool features in the future (keeping some as a secret for now), even add the ones that you may think you want added. I'm always open to suggestions and will try my best to implement all your ideas.

The subscription fee system is $25 for 3 months, $40 for 6 months or $60 for a full year. This will at least help cover some hosting fees and maybe little piece of the 6 months of programming it took me to deploy it

You may have unlimited items in your collections, with as many pictures as you like.

Also if you think it will take you forever to put your large collection up there, you are deeply mistaken - it took me whole 20 minutes to build a list of 220 cameras that I have in my collection. All you gotta do it go though the catalog list and just check boxes of cameras that you already have. I guarantee you will be done in no time, thus is the beauty of it being based on the Wiki catalog template.

From then on you can customize it to your heart's content. Upload your own images, write your own descriptions. You can hide the whole collection, so only you can see it and maintain it privately or hide specific added items from public if you wish to do so.

You can create categories or keep all items in one big list. You can change order of items very easily using a drag-and-drop feature... You can edit all your items at one as if you are editing an excel spreadsheet to update item names, description, price, serial numbers for bodies and lenses, private notes for each item, etc..

In other words, try it for free, it does not cost you anything, no commitment or payment information is necessary, I think you will find the system quite easy to use.

Awaiting your feedback! Please do tell me what you think about it.

You can access it either via top navigation under "Member Collections" or via this link:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/Collections

Cheers,
Vlad

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  7:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Collection builder is currently free of charge. If your account is expired, let me know I will renew it.

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google