Located in
History, Documents & Ephemera > Sovetskoe Foto & Magazines

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  12:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On No.1 1929 cover (Image#2) anyone knows what that camera is?

Vlad

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  9:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

I'm not sure which camera it is, but it is not Russian as far as I know. It might be some model of Ernemann "Klapp" camera which were pretty popular in Russia in the 20s. When looking at the cover up close, there is writing on the lens that seems to say "meter" and also the initials "A.K." so I think it may be a German camera, or possibly French. Inside the magazine there is no identification or caption about the cover photo to help with the camera or who made the photograph.

During the 1920s and early 1930s most of the articles about and photos of cameras in Sovetskoe Foto magazine were not Russian / Soviet as those were not in wide use yet. For example, the only mention of any Soviet camera in this 1929 #1 issue is an advertisement in the back for the EFTE Workshop in Moscow, and even that ad seems to be somewhat generic, without mention of the EFTE camera that we are familiar with and that was produced in some quantity by the end of 1929.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  9:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill!!!

Welcome back!!

I'll ping you offline later, but regarding camera... I got all excited because I thought it was some Soviet cam :)... too bad :)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google