Created by Vlad on 5/23/2008 12:02:35 AM
Last Edited by Vlad on 5/23/2008 12:03:24 AM  
Located in
Still Cameras > Modified and Fantasy Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 24 2008 :  6:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With interchangeable lenses and motor drive it should be really useful camera. How Lomo did not get this
What kind lens installed on this camera? Unistar? Is it Russian?
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - May 24 2008 :  7:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by okynek

What kind lens installed on this camera? Unistar? Is it Russian?

No, of course... It's from Asia.

Btw.: "No.35346", "f=35 mm" -- are not "in Russian" (I mean a tradition and rules)... ;)
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 24 2008 :  7:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Zoom!
Then where this camera was modifyed? What kind lenses can it accept?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 24 2008 :  7:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okynek, the lens is Japanese, it was modified most likely in UK, that's where I bought it from..

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 24 2008 :  10:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Vlad.
Does it means that only one lens fit to this adapter or you can use other lenses?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 24 2008 :  11:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has a thread 42mm mount now that you can screw on any 42mm lenses, so I think you can even put Helios 44 on it.. it is protruding enough distance to accept regular Zenit Thread Mount M42...
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 25 2008 :  8:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, thank you Vlad. It is up to you now if Russian camera will get Russian lens LOL
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1983 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 26 2008 :  12:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
When you had first shown this camera, at this forum beginings I told you this camera was an adaptation. Although It should have an M42x1 threaded mount it may not accept all original Zenit lenses.
You will note a small diameter of shutter blades openings, around 17mm, This will be insufficient for normal or telephoto lenses to cover the whole frame size. It will happen a projection of the hole in the film plane called "vignetting".
You are now limited on wide angle lenses. - But these lenses must have a small rear element formulation. - This problem was found in several cameras of the past: Mainly the German; Kodak Retina, The Agfaflex, the Voigtlander Vitessa and and Bessamatic, The Braun Paxette series,the Japanese Topcon Uni, the Kowaflex, the French Focaflex etc.. and our known Zenits 4, 5 and 6. All of them needed special lenses that had the extra problem that they do not allow close focusing. All this,
together the complexity of manufacture, extra needed Quality control on manufacturing processes and its natural project unreliability brought those cameras to its demise. I experienced all those cameras and can say that, in my opinion, the better conceived camera is the Zenit 4 and 6. (the model 5, slightly fragile in its transmission gears) , obviously inspired in the excellent Bessamatic design , but with better access in its vital parts. The worse of them is the Kodak Retina Reflex series, absolutely unrepairable.
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google