CANON 50mm F:1.4 Leica screw mount lens
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
picker77
USA
2 Posts
Posted - May 28 2008 :  08:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen some of these at very attractive prices. Can anyone tell me if they work ok on my Fed 3's and Zorki-6?
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - May 28 2008 :  08:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

Welcome to you!
No problem as far as I know to mix the most part of 39 mm bodies and lenses. I already tried to put Canon and Leitz lenses on my Zorkis 3M and 4, for example.
I was heard that the only difficulty is sometimes for the Jupiter 12 with its protruding back. And of course for prewar Feds: bodies and lenses were fitted together in the factory.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on May 28 2008 08:48:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
picker77
USA
2 Posts
Posted - May 28 2008 :  08:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Jacques. I am a brand new FED/Zorki owner, was looking around for a good (but fairly inexpensive) low light 50-55mm lens for them. Would like to find something like a 1.2 or 1.4 that I can afford. I will look further into Canon lenses from the 1950's.

quote:
Originally posted by Jacques M.

Hello!

Welcome to you!
No problem as far as I know to mix the most part of 39 mm bodies and lenses. I already tried to put Canon and Leitz lenses on my Zorkis 3M and 4, for example.
I was heard that the only difficulty is sometimes for the Jupiter 12 with its protruding back. And of course for prewar Feds: bodies and lenses were fitted together in the factory.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - May 28 2008 :  09:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If it is for a Fed-Zorki, why not looking for a Jupiter 3?
They belong to the same family... Of course, a ZK 1,5/50 would be better and more "historical"... but not at the same price, and much more difficult to find.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - May 28 2008 :  10:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As with all screw mount lenses set focus to closest range before removing or attaching. The fous cam is the reason, Just to be safe. I agree Jupiter 3 is a good way to go too. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google