Located in
Still Cameras > KMZ - Moskva

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  2:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Allain!
Isn't that an well made expert modification?
No literature tells about this camera.
The prodution number falls in the current model 5 batch.
Regards.
LP

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  2:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
645 frame setting on the switch boggles my mind.. it must be very well crafted then
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  2:20:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But Luiz, I kind of agree with you, the inscription on top looks very handwritten
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  2:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
I take this camera in my hands yesterday.
it was in the Sascha car , and he show me as a secret for Viktor's museum and book. He just bought it and do not want to sell it . he told me , this camera only for his private collection. According whith him i can take some shots for the forum.
So when I look whith sharpness the camera , nothing , even the engraved label seemmed to be handcraft. But which one can tell the truth ???

(Sascha is an Ukranian dealer from long time , and now a "friend" for me ,years ago, on Bièvres fair)

some complement pics (sorry i shoot whith my wife's compact D camera panasonic)

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/grav M 6- 1.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/grav M 6- 2.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  3:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The "6" it looks like it's made out of "5" to me if you notice the sharp little corner on the top left of the "6". If you look at your Moskva-5 it is almost as they just connected a gap in 5 and extended it down...
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  3:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha ha ha...i agree for the "5" corner...may be it is a home made , so... what performed eyes , Vlad !
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Yeah Vlad !!! You are Sherlock V. Kern for sure! ;-))

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  3:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Learning from the best,my dear friends.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Vlad
The "6" was my firs attention with. It is a clear modified "5" . But the three frames in the finder is another history....
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  05:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no doubt friends ...
it is a home made !
sorry for sascha......
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  08:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I wouldn't be so categorical about authentity of particular camera. Knowing Sasha (Oleksandr) as experienced camera dealer-collector, I'm pretty sure he knew the origin of this Moskva-6 and the seller was trustworthy ... So we need to look for further information, how Moskva-6 was born in KMZ.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

No literature tells about this camera.

Indeed, a project named as "Moskva-6" was exist.
See http://www.zenitcamera.com/catalog/cameralist-eng.html
But details are not known.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  09:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas,

You are absolutely right, Oleksandr would've recognized the modification, I do trust him as well. One detail though this is not Oleskandr Braslavsky that Alain saw at:

This is Oleksandr Braslavsky:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/oleksandr.jpg

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  09:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Zoom, in your opinion - would've Moskva-6 look like that though? I agree, they may have existed and even may have looked like that, but not with corrected "5" and serial # from Moskva 5
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  10:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the man in the picture . I was talking with Oleksandr Braslavsky about his new Moskva-6 just few days ago ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote

What does HE say about it?
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  10:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

I agree, they may have existed and even may have looked like that, but not with corrected "5" and serial # from Moskva 5

I agree with you. But there could be all, everything...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  11:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Zoom, I agree now as well that everything is possible, Oleksandr is a good friend as well as a reputable dealer and fellow collector who is extremely experienced and knowledgeable, so I will now give the benefit of a doubt to this piece until we find out more information. In fact I will call him the first opportunity I get to ask him about it.

Now the following I am going to write can be only construed as pure speculation, assuming the authenticity of this piece, it is possible that this was a result of a contest between KMZ workers (as history shows they were plenty of those) who were asked to produce a prototype of Moskva-6, so one of the resulting pieces was this particular camera some employee had made "quick and dirty" based on an actual Moskva-5.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  10:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I've spent quite some time with Oleksandr on the phone yesterday regarding this Moskva-6... here is his side of the story.. he does not claim it is an original, he simply does not know.. all he knows that it came from a reputable seller who bought it for very little money and did not even want to sell it to him, only did so after him asking about it a few times.

I also told him about our suspicions about the 6 and he thought that they very well may be valid. He said that he has someone in Ukraine who has specialized equipment and check the engraving for double-engraving.. so he will do so sometime in July or so and will report his findings..
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  04:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting...what a small planet !!!
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  6:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like my Mockba 5 but with 6x45 format added, I agree the engraving looks like it has been modified to look like a 6, Maybe the factory did this to try to save production time on some of the already engraved tops. It has been mentioned tht the 6 did exist but there was no example photo. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  8:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang!
Go to the pages:

http://www.ukcamera.com/classic_cameras/zeiss22.htm

http://cgi.ebay.es/Pentacon-Rollfilmkamera-Ercona-II-gut-erhalten_W0QQitemZ380034087958QQihZ025QQcategoryZ33194QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

http://cgi.ebay.es/Zeiss-Ikon-Ercona-NOVONAR-4-5-110_W0QQitemZ360053035106QQihZ023QQcategoryZ32933QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

In this Ercona (Pentacon DDR) we can see exact similarities with Moskva. Including the MASK!
http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/EXONA-1956-Pentacon-Mukemmel-ve-KUSURSUZ_W0QQidZZ9232828

And see in the catalogue the lovely DDR câmeras of 1959!
http://cgi.ebay.es/FOTOTECHNIK-Belplasca-Six-Praktina-Orig-KAT-1959_W0QQitemZ300230708674QQihZ020QQcategoryZ7528QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

Be delighted yourselves! And take your own conclusions
Good luck for all!
LP
Go to Top of Page
Mike Haley
napchop
Ukraine
4 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  09:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit napchop's Homepage  Click to see napchop's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Hi all,

I've spent quite some time with Oleksandr on the phone yesterday regarding this Moskva-6... here is his side of the story.. he does not claim it is an original, he simply does not know.. all he knows that it came from a reputable seller who bought it for very little money and did not even want to sell it to him, only did so after him asking about it a few times.

I also told him about our suspicions about the 6 and he thought that they very well may be valid. He said that he has someone in Ukraine who has specialized equipment and check the engraving for double-engraving.. so he will do so sometime in July or so and will report his findings..

I have a very similar modified Moskow 5, bought in Kiev only without the extra frame in the viewfinder. I later bought a moskow 2 with 6x4,5 frame and window that was also fitted with flash synchronisation. I think someone in Kiev has been producing these modifications and continues to do so.
I like both my 'adapted' Moskows and use them frequently
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  12:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike if you have a chance it would be great to see those examples posted here to compare...

Thanks!
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google