Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  4:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really, really nice!
I hope some one from this forum buy it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TURRET-4-Lens-ZENIT-3M-Russian-SLR-Camera_W0QQitemZ380031830965QQihZ025QQcategoryZ73448QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  4:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain was bidding on it as far as I know.. this isn't a factory unit right?
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  4:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Home made indefinately!
I hope Alain will get it!
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  02:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right, sir !
but what a nice sculpture for my living room !
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  09:03:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O, yes!!! They are beautifully crafted with a lot of love and care.
I love "home made" modificationS. It great to have them, but I do not dare to bid on this one. IMHO Such beauty should go way over what i could afford.
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  10:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by okynek

I love "home made" modifications.

There is plant-made... May be not official, but most likely made inside KMZ (very careful and professional work, too many zero-started lens numbers).
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  10:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of cause, Zoom. I used "home made" expression to loosely. I'm sorry about this. You are right; this turret, and all of the turrets we sow here, and most of the other modifications on the cameras are made on the factories, in worse case in repair shops. It’s unlikely (but possible of cause) that such staff made inside the KMZ because factory security - "ïðîõîäíàÿ". If you get cut you can end up in jail, and onsure, you and all you department will loose monthly bonuses. Much easy to do this let say at shampoo factory. They have same or better machinery then KMZ to make molds, and security is only worry that someone taking home a bottle of shampoo. Much easy and safer do turrets in shampoo factories then on mechanical plants indeed. From KMZ I would expect electronic components, soup, carrying bags, bearing, home made radios, Christmas lights, and so on. Very much in favor was bread making factories. They have everything from paint to lasers. And security was loose there, who will take home bread? I can write a poem about hidden trade what existed in USSR. But it for other times and for other forums, I suppose
I salute to people who made such staff and then find the ways to get it home under noses of communist bosses and KGB informers. Thank to this smart and brave man we can enjoy now such diamonds of engineering as this turret. Imagine if this tinkers was noticed, and appreciated, and helped, and they work will be put for production and they was compensated monetary. May be then Russian camera industry would not be in such despair today?
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  3:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And it went for respectable $1525 to gentleman (from Russia?) with name granat-rus
Congratulation!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google