Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Greg
gb hill

USA
7 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  01:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit gb hill's Homepage  Send gb hill an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's about time someone came up with a cool site where we can brag on our FSU gear. I have a Fed 2 & a Fed 5. The Fed 5 gets a bad rap on being a ugly camera, but to me it's not so. The camera is in mint condition and the meter works fine. Last Christmas I took photos at a family gathering with it and used my canonet flash from my QL-17. Set the sync on 60 and it fired every time. I also have a Zorki 2c (some call it a 2s) and it's my favorite. I love to carry my Zorki and my Leningrad 6 light meter. Ya simply got to have a soviet light meter if your gonna carry a soviet camera around. I have a j-12 and a j-3 as well as the industar 61 lenses. The Zorki is a 1958. One year older than me. That camera came with a I-50? I think thats right. It's a 50/3.5. A great lens. Thats about it. I'm a shooter not a collector but I love my fsu's.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  10:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Greg, great to have you here! Soon we will have FSU camera photo contests, so stick around! I think that's where the most camera users will have their fun... The module is work in progress. So there will be something for someone. :) Meanwhile feel free to roam around the site and participate in discussions.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  12:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum! I think the FED 5 is a nice looking camera too, so at least there are two of us. I have several but haven't used them yet. Looking foward to seeing some of your photographs.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google