Collectors and Users Open Forum
 flightclub45 on eBay
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  10:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know what is going on with eBay seller flightclub45 ? I’m worry if it safe to send him money ?
I won few cameras from him. But he looks like stop selling, and he did not respond on my e-mails. He used to be OK, but now???. Anybody bought any cameras from him recently?

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  11:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems like that eBay or PayPal closed him down for some unknown reasons... I wouldn't send him anything to that email address at this point as he is not able to handle paypal transactions. I also sent him an email asking whether he is still in business but received no reply.

Thankfully I did receive all my cameras in time from him before he went belly up...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  12:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,
About flightclub....!!
I bought the Fed 1b # 51287 the 15 of may and paid him by money order.
The 27th, he told me everything was OK.
Yesterday, I saw MY camera resold at daishans'.
Immediately, I notified all that to eBay and sent mails to flightclub and daishans.
First, they both told that there was a mistake, then now flightclub accuses me not to have paid him.
Meanwhile, the announce of my Fed disappeared at daishans'.

I'm afraid I lost exactly 160,53 USD: eBay doesn't accept to do something when items are not paid through Paypal.

I'm furious. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  1:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received a lens from him!
Go to Top of Page
Frank Lambert
Frankl
USA
40 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  2:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On June 1, I won an auction for a FED 1, from flightclub45. When I tried to pay, via paypal, I was told that seller could not accept funds through paypal. I tried to contact him numerous times but, no reply. I even got the phone number, through ebay but, the recording said that person was not accepting any outside calls. Then, all of a sudden "daishans", another seller, "appeared", with ads almost identical to flightclub45. I sent a note and asked if there was any relationship and, was promptly informed "no". I was still suspicious so, I didn't bid on any of daishans cameras. Today I got a notice from ebay that I needed to be aware that any communication with daishans could be "phishing" and an attempt at identity theft. I then noticed that all the auctions by this seller had been removed from ebay. I can only guess what happened but, I am glad that I couldn't pay for the FED 1 I won and also that I did not divulge any personal information to daishans. Up until all this "drama", I had been very satisfied with dealing with flightclub45 but, I guess all good things must come to an end. Most importantly, Jacques, I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution on your situation...

Regards All...
Frank
Go to Top of Page
Nicolas
Gelios
USA
57 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  2:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent him some email prior to bid on items he sold on Ebay: no answer. As I am very suspicious (you know, some times you can smell these kind of things...) and never felt confident and refrained to go further.

Too bad, Jacques...
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  9:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Jacques.
Not many know that money orders are protected by company issued them.
I would immediately go to place where you bought MO, explain situation and ask to stop this draft. If MO was already chased request full investigation and ask about insurance.
You should be able to return money one way or other.
Sorry for what happens.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  02:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thanks Okynek but it's not very easy.
The same "joke" happened to me one year or so ago with an Ukrainian seller (soviet power)who refused to recognize he had perceived my IMO.
I asked the French post to do an international enquiry which revealed that the seller was paid. So I complainted with the bureau of Postal orders at Kiev which sent me a copy of the receipt signed by the seller. At last, this one recognized his signature but refused to send the camera. I should have lodged an international complaint: it was much too long and uneasy, so I abandoned. Of course, the French post didn't do anything as the IMO was paid.

For the moment, I am always in contact with somebody of flightclub who says they had important internal problems and that the camera is sent (to me!).

Wait and see... I will tell more in some days, I hope.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  04:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jacques,

I'm absolutely sure it will be ok with your camera! I have bought interesting Zorki-3 from the same seller and have waited over the month to get it. Although I was warned about poor condition of flightclub45 cameras usually, the particular Zorki-3 was in great shape, indeed!

So, good luck!

Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  04:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

My Fed arrived this morning from Flightclub45!
Beautiful, very fast express shipping, perfect packing...
No doubt they are fully honest. I ask them if they want to explain their problems through me.
Of course, I do hope they will reopen and that we will do some business again...

This Fed was for me particularly interesting: it belongs to a rare evolution of the 1b before the 1c. So, I'm happy!

Cordialement. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Frank Lambert
Frankl
USA
40 Posts
Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  05:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GREAT! Very glad you got it. I too, hope they can re-open. I sent another e-mail Monday, concerning the FED 1 I won on June 2 but, again no answer.....

Regards,
Frank...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google