Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  9:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If Jupiter 11 135/F4 lens have dust particles inside, is it possible to take these apart to blow the dust out? How hard of a process is it? Do they just screw apart like the Helios 44 M39 lens or there are tiny screws that need to be taken out and diaphragm disassembled?

Thanks,

Vlad
Ernesto L´Episcopo
ernestojl
Argentina
6 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  11:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ernestojl's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad, check in the Russ Pinchbeck´s Kiev Survival Site. He has complete instructions on how to do it. Important: he covers the Contax / Kiev variety not the M39 lenses which are different in regard of the rangefinder coupling (The Contax style is a rotating tube and the M39 lens has a sliding inner cylinder).
Hope this helps and thah lens construction is similar.

Ernesto

Kiev ´62 & ´66
Z1 ´55 & Z4 ´65
Some Jupiters too...

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  11:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ernesto,

Thank for the pointer! I will check out that book.. I do not have it, so if you have it and read it, do you know offhand if it's a complicated process?

That's all I wanted to know... whether it's a Helios 44-like construction where you can just unscrew everything by hand or, there are screws involved?

I do not have the lens either, I see it much cheaper sold with "dust particles" inside lenses that's why I'm asking, to save a few bucks and use some elbow grease :), just not sure if it's worth it.

Thanks,

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  5:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First series Helios 44, Jupiter 9, Jupiter 11 and Telemar 22 (M39 or M42), share the same construction scheme. Jupiter 11 with 49mm screw thread (rare) has a diferent mount system It is locked by a nut with a locking screw just in the thread.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  6:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So what you're saying they can just screw apart by hand? All right! Thank Luiz! I may just purchase these then!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Ernesto L´Episcopo
ernestojl
Argentina
6 Posts
Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  11:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ernestojl's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Vlad: Russ Pinchbeck´s Kiev Survival site isn´t a book, it´s better as it is his website. When in google, type Kiev Survival Site or Russ Pinchbeck and you´re there.
I guess, but I´m not sure, the three J 11 versions (C-K mount, M39 and M42) share a lot in common about how they´re built.

Cheers

Ernesto

Kiev ´62 & ´66
Z1 ´55 & Z4 ´65
Some Jupiters too...

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  11:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh! All right, I thought it was a book for some reason :)...

Cool I'll search for it.

Thanks!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  11:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoa! That's exactly what I needed, this is the most detailed lens disassembly tutorial I've ever seen! I've added the site to our resources section. Thanks a lot for it!

For others in case they want to see what I'm talking about:

http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/Jupiter-11%20dismantle.html

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google