Located in
Still Cameras > Commemorative Cameras

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I'd like to warn you, that Moscow fakers have reissued a quantity of faked Zorki-10 XXV Congress cameras recently. The mentioned cameras have commemorative sticker on the camera frontplate, instead of silkscreened one! May be the present issue is inspired by our Forums?

Best Regards,
Aidas

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh son of a...!! I just bought one of those!!! CRAAAP!

I guess it goes on my fakes shelf Good thing I only paid $30 for it...
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

I was too late to say this, sorry ...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  12:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's ok, I did not notice a sticker, the stamp was in right place - damn "ruscamera", I am done buying from him....
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  12:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

if your purchase was $30 it's ok, not to say so if have paid $250 for instance ...
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  1:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Would you please post a picture of your camera ?

Thanks,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  1:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was actually 25EU... just rechecked...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320272323786&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

Keep kicking myself for this mistake.. this clear label was definitely shown I just did not notice it because usually fakes have those metal badges, did not expect the label at all....
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve, posted an eBay link to it.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  06:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends,
that semmed to be a fake , because we can see a sticker hedge cut.
I possess the same since 4 tears and i certifye it is a silk screen printed ( whithout frame heges)...
sorry vlad but anyway , a new interesting fake well made.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  12:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW these fake stickers can be found on many other cameras, so keep your eyes open ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  12:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Please accept my sympathies for your bad luck. At least you didn’t pay a fortune for this camera. You could even say that it was worth that amount for the lesson learned. Now you will be more aware and much less likely to make a similar purchase in the future.
And one other good thing has come out of this, that is the warning from Aidas that other cameras may have the same problem, so now we will all be more vigilant, and less likely to fall for the same trick.
Best wishes, Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  10:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim thank you but I am not upset at all since fakes and modifications are also part of my collection.. and you are right as well that the price was a good price a nice Zorki 10 camera, it was not a price for real Zorki 10 Congress . So on the fake shelf it goes along with my FED Mikron 60 years of Ukraine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google