Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Nicolas
Gelios

USA
57 Posts
Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again!

Several years ago, I had a 1973 M42 Mir 1A lens (2.8/37mm). I saw very little documents about it.

Optically, it seemed similar to any other Mir 1 but the aperture system was odd: only one ring to turn with a chrome button and a spring. To adjust the diaphragm, I needed to push the button and turn the ring. As soon as I released the button, the diaphragm was linked to the ring which was used as any preset lens (full aperture to preset aperture by turning it). If I wanted to go back to full aperture, I just had to push the button and the diaphragm was set to nominal aperture.

Now, the question: knowing that preset Mir 1 lenses were made since years, what was the specific use of such lens (if any)?

BTW, there is one to sell on Ebay (Item #360076906260): not really cheap ($80) for a Mir 1 but it is not the usual type...

Thanks for your comments!
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  5:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nicholas
Easy, remove the rear ring, so that it can be adapted (with the proper "A" ring to several cameras Zenit M39 Zenit M42 Zenit K Mount Kiev N mount and others..

LP
Go to Top of Page
Nicolas
Gelios
USA
57 Posts
Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  07:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes luiz but it doesn't explain why they changed the aperture system; a regular preset one would be fine as there is no connection with the mount. Strange...
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nicholas
Noblesse oblige changement!
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google