Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Terry Byrne
Kinor35C

USA
1 Posts
Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  9:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just joined. I have a large collection of Russian motion picture equipment and a few still cameras as well. I like to use them rather than display/store them, and I have learned a lot about the workings of Konvas and Kinor (and Krasnogorsk) movie cameras. I've picked up a fair few Zorkis and Kiev 88/Salyut cameras as well as a Lubitel and Moskva 5. I think that's the whole list....but no doubt it'll grow.

Terry
Princeton NJ

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  10:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Terry! It is excellent to have an expert on motion cameras here! We are mostly a still camera bunch, but a few of us do indulge in some cine cameras in our collections and I am planning to expand eventually, even though I do not think I will be using them - too much trouble and I'm not much about video anyways, don't even use my camcorder often, but I do like how the mechanical cine cameras look and feel.

But as you have noticed there are quite a few movie cameras in wiki catalog, would be great if you could contribute entries for ones that we are missing! I am sure there are as many variations of cine cameras within same model as there are with still cameras.

Thanks again for joining up!

Best regards,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  4:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Kinor!
And very good to know a movie camera collector!
Please show your cameras and put them in our Wiki catalogue!
Regards!
Movie cameras are the father of all quality photo cameras. They pioneered all curent phototechniques.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  8:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Terry: I am interested in Russian movie cameras too, I am more familiar with Arriflex, bolex etc. I was wondering if any of the better soviet cameras also had registration pin transports? Some look like copies of the Arriflex especially the lense turret. Also have Kiev 88 and lenses. You found the right place park and welcome again, I am located in Michigan.

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
RioRico
4 Posts
Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  10:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello: I'm another brand-new member. Long ago, I photographed on film, mostly with Japanese 35mm (full- or half-frame) rangefinders and Olympus Pen-FT SLR. I hadn't heard of Russian lenses. Then I gave up film and got by for some years with Sony PNS digicams with Zeiss lenses. And a few months ago I moved into the DSLR bigtime with a Pentax K20D. Browsing eBay for more lenses, I discovered Russian glass and LBA. I now have a fair assortment of decent lenses... but I need MORE!!

Which leads to questions: I wonder if certain lenses for Russian 16mm cine cameras can be mounted on the Pentax? The K20D has an APS-C sensor, which is very close to the size of a 16mm frame. I have M42 and M32 adapters. I see that some Meteor and other cine zoom lenses may have M42 or M39 mounts. The Pentax register (working distance) is about 45.5mm; lenses with similar or greater registers should focus correctly on the Pentax.

Is there an English-language source of technical data for Russian cine cams and their lenses? Can anyone point me to a list of lenses that could be used? Thanks.

# Pentaxian with Russian &
German & Japanese glass
# Sonyoid without PNS envy
# Most bad pix can be fixed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google