Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  12:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, so this is the story I was told by one Russian guy I've met at some party when I mentioned I collected cameras. Back in Russia when digital cameras were not readily available these guys were doing the following the with FKD. Note that is was only used for landscape or inanimate photography:

From what I understood from a conversation fueled by a dozen or so shots of infamous Russian grain alcoholic beverage, they took apart a fladbed scanner, taken the glass off it and mounted the scanner on the back of the FKD and would scan the matte glass directly thus resulting in 20 megapixel images. Now if we have any experts here, is that even possible??!!

Vlad
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  6:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Completely possible!
See these:
http://rwpbb.ixbt.com/test/pancam1.html
http://rwpbb.ixbt.com/test/pancam2.html
http://rwpbb.ixbt.com/test/pancam3.html

You will see adaptation in panoramic shots! simply wonderful!
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  7:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh my god! So this wasn't Vodka speaking! :) That thing really exists! Incredible!
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  05:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The scanning is the best eletronic way to form images - but limited= once you cn't obtain instantaneous pictures.
Sinar anounced in loud shout its 6x17 panoramic camera using the same principle in last 2006 photkina. Unhappily the camera takes one second to do the scan, its picture level equals "quality of films" but costs a mere 20 thousand bucks.
I can't see why NO ONE sees possibilities in using the old and faithful enlarger in the same way. You can do EXCELLENT enlargements quickly and clean and do not need a high resolution scanner once pictures will stay the final size.
Sometimes an extra vodka shot will open our minds! He he
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  11:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right! It's quite impractical.. and now I just had to post this picture you sent me via email Luiz, it's absolute insanity! :)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google