Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan

Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/6399556serial.jpg

Serial 6399556 and engraving on back saying 1963 CCCP
What and why, any ideas?

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  1:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very odd year, but judging by the little frame around the viewfinder and the plaque (where it used to be) seems like a regular Smena-4 although the advance lever is very much like on a BelOMO Smena 2M.. maybe GOMZ made these ribbed advances too but none of mine have it..

Also I remember Dmzi posting posting another Smena from this year as well here in the forums...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  2:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To me the oddity is that the name part is in the cast / mould, so not having the name means it is made with a different mold, one that has not the name part at all

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  11:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,

The mold and cast is exactly like on my GOMZ Smena-4, so I see nothing out of ordinary there, it's just missing the name tag that is usually inserted into the frame where the name is missing attached with two rivets (I think this is the right word, the stamped screws). Look at Smena-4 in catalog you will see the cast of almost the same camera.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  11:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, but why making bodies that have no name tag as it is not something a worker could forget or the tag would drop out? These were not ssold as latin either, so the tag would not have been chnged to them. So I can only imagine that the tag would be missing in samples and prototypes?

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  11:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So....I possess the same, whithout name (for re-labelled export ?)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google