Located in
Lenses & Optics > FED

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan

Finland
1005 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  12:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bought also one of these for 45 euros, but it is a bit dirty & iris is a bit unround. But I thought it is worth that?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/FED_50mm_rear.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/FED_50mm_100mm.JPG

okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seller probably switched price tags on this lenses [:}]
I bought on eBay 2 of my FED 100mm lenses for less then $50 each, and I saw few more there for around same price. But I can not get hold on FED Micro 50mm for more then 3 years.
IMHO 50mm Micro is much more rare then 100mm lens.
But I could be wrong.
In any case good find. Both lenses very collectible and rare.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You are right, Okynek: the macro lens is much more rare than the 6,3/100mm and even than the 4,5/28mm I think.
The numberings could indicate a production of c. 10000 lenses for the two last ones. As for the macro, it seems it was numbered amongst the other accessories whereas the 100mm and the 28mm had a special range: 30000 to 40000 for the first and 40000 to 50000 for the second. As far as I know...

To be complete, two sellers told me that some macro lenses (always the rigid ones) were made after the war. These ones would be un-numbered (?).

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  10:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juhani, congratulations once again. I think you have picked up a super bargain at 45 euros, and I agree with Jacques that these lenses are harder to find than the 100mm f6.3, but I must disagree with Jacques in regard to the 28mm, in my opinion the 28mm is the most difficult of all to find.
Best wishes, Jim

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  02:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have to agree with Jim, that wide-angle Fed lenses are very hard to find nowadays, while macro lenses can be found for sale regularly at price of $120-$220. So lucky you, Juhani ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  03:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Jim and Aidas,

I agree with both of you too! If we consider the numbers of lenses for sale, the 28mm is much rarer (and much more expensive!).

But as for the range of production, it seems we could have about 6000 28mm possibly made (nobody knows if Fed produced them without solution of continuity). Only circa 3-4000 for the numbered macros, but it's impossible to tell exactly as the angled viewfinders are numbered exactly in the same range. On the other hand, as I already said, some un-numbered macros do exist (I saw at least two of them): it could explain why they are more numerous than we can expect.

In the Wiki, we have 6 macros only and 15 28mm lenses. But it doesn't prove anything, of course.

So the question remains unsolved, for the moment!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google