FED NKAP on eBay
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
dmzi
30 Posts
Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  01:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, colleague!
It is interesting to find out your opinion concerning this camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FED-1-NKAP-CCCP-35mm-LEICA-COPY-CAMERA-32147_W0QQitemZ280270554008QQihZ018QQcategoryZ15234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yours faithfully, dmzi

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  02:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dmzi,

Althouth some sources have tried to convince me, that existing at least 3 types of particular camera, I'm absolutely sure that camera #32147 is complete fake indeed .

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  05:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please Aidas , tell us why you are convincted it is a fake ?
Alain
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  06:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alain,

(1) top front center screw near the lens rim is half hidden, that means it's regular Fed-1c camera; (2) wrong serial number without any sense and (3) wrong body covering at the end. It's enough for me to say it's fake ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  07:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

(4): the tab on the accessory clip should not be there,
(5): the knurling on knobs should be finer, according to JLP.

I think too that this camera was made from a 1c. Probably...
Aidas, please, what are the three types of NKAP you speak of?

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This seems to be an incorrect serial number for the NKAP, they started at 200000 and were all sequential till around 201800
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure this seller is another account of flightclub45(if anyone remembers him). He sells off a huge personal collection of someone, and a lot of cameras in that collection are fantasy pieces, like that FED that he used to have with TSVVS engraving. Looked cool but definitely not an original Got plenty of gold FED and Zorki cameras from him for my fantasy shelf. Fairly certain he also sells under ginzburg and okop08 and some other names. It's either that or that stuff had been divided between different people in L.A. area and they are selling it off.. Too many similarities...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
dmzi
30 Posts
Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  12:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi by all!
Reasons correct and with them I agree. But it is simple. If to look more deeply:
1. Pasting the case of the camera is present also another. For example, in a collection of DVDTechnik ¹ 201702, Type-1a, look
http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/collect/fed/fed.htm
2. The serial numbers of FED were not used in the strictly certain sequence. And that an example cameras FED NKVD from your collections, which numbers recently were discussed. Look:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?ImageID=3779&ParentID=1&WikiCatID=98&ContentID=1035
Following reasonings Aidas, it is necessary to recognize them all as a fake.
3. The handles, as well as top plate of the case, could be used any of available stocks. It is not necessary to forget, that 1948 - year of the second year serial manufacture, after arrival of a factory from evacuation. Besides it was necessary to make the most part of adaptations for manufacturing details, again in connection with absence. And the Government demanded escalating manufacture of the goods for the population.
4. I have a photo precisely same FED NKAP with number 32158, acquired absolutely in the other end of the world. What, all manufacturers of fakes FED NKAP used close numbers and did not know the real order of numbers FED NKAP? Very doubtfully.
As you can see, the answers about authenticity sold on eBay of the camera, not so are unequivocal.
dmzi
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  02:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dmzi,

I remember NKAP(?) camera #32158 from discussions with your brother Anatoliy some time ago. Not beeing very cathegorical person, I'm still thinking that both cameras #32158 and #32147 came from the same nest in Moscow, Kiev or Warshaw ... Just few years ago I was lucky to see some faked NKAP's with similar numbers and none of them had features of genuine RED FLAG! As I have told before, one serious (?) camera collector-dealer from Ukraine have tried to convince me about NKAP's with regular body coverings, but I consider him as successful businessman only ...

We have to consider RED FLAG as commemorative FED camera with special features, which are very hard (impossible?) to fake. Viktor Suglob's team did a great job, investigating origins of NKAP camera, I'm hoping to see the conlusions in the old-promised book ...

Best Regads,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  12:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Aidas and Jacques...I must check now my collection (whith my weak eyes )
alain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google