Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Kiev SLR

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  2:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What's the real difference between Tee and TTL models? Princelle says it has "modernized" electronic element, what does that mean?

Vlad
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  6:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are no diferences at all "TTL" was the first series. "TEE" was the type sold in Holland by "EWA" company. The production unsold to them was placed in the internal market, mainly in "Beriozka" stores.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  11:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
huh... interesting! So you're saying that Princelle's information is not entirely correct. The 2 cameras are identical? There is no different in electronics?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  06:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The two Kiev 15 camera series are absolutely equal. The Kiev 15 was an evolution of the Kiev 10 which were built in three different series and external decorations; these cameras which are completely different from the outside, have the same internal mechanics, the same way as Kiev 2a 3a 4 4a and 5 ate different from outside. In the three Kiev 10 series, we feel a continous precision improvement in component making. Do not forget the Kiev 11 which was made only in prototypes. These cameras differed from model 10 only from mechanical exposure meter lay out.
The spetacular fan type shutter was inherited from no more no less than the original 1948 Leningrad prototype!
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  07:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you go to http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/collect/arsenal/1/k38.htm you will see the original pre Kiev 10 proto (no exposure meter) 1953/1956 direct evolution from original Leningrad.
Important note and request- Two years ago it was sold in Ebay an original Leningrad prototype. I saw it in the advertising.
Please Who has the camera? Urgent Pictures Needed!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  10:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for the info Luiz, every day I learn something new from you!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  02:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends,

Need to mention that Kiev-15 TEE was produced during seven years (1974-1980) and you can find it everywere in post soviet area (I saw at least 10-15 TEE's locally here in Lithuania). All the Kiev-15 TTL's I have ever met were produced in 1980 and are relativly rare.

Regards,

Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  12:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TEE and TTL are TOTALLY different cameras!!!

TTL was made only in 1980 and totally around 35.000 cameras. Different metering system is the most significant difference.
As a user of 10, 15Tee and 15Ttl I can say that TTL is the only one that you can use fast and easily.

Anyway these Kievs are a huge evidence what ukranian camera factories were able to make, real high tech for USSR from that time!

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google