Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  7:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I've got this email today from Michael Kuhle of Lomographic Society. Since I am not a user of the Lubitel cameras I thought maybe someone here would be interested in providing some information for him for this book if you think you may have something he is looking for. Here is the email:

quote:

Hello,

I'm writing a book for the Lomographic Society (www.lomography.com) on the Lubitel camera. As the world's premier analog photography company, we've loved the Lubitel for years and it has a massive following amongst our customers. We intend to publish the world's most comprehensive guide to Lubitel history, images, cameras, and philosophy.

I came across your site, and I'm absolutely stunned by all of the info that you have available! I'm writing to see if you would like to participate in the book.

I've written a section that details the Lubitel's 60-year history. We've also got a huge gallery of images taken by Lubitel enthusiasts from around the world. I've got all of the academic information (how many units were produced, all the different models, etc). But I'm missing the human element. Specifically, I'm looking for the following:

1. A brief interview about your memories of the camera. I can send over the questions ASAP
2. Any funny stories or anecdotes that you have regarding the Lubitel
3. If you have any old images (over 20 years old) taken with a Lubitel camera, they would be VERY appreciated. We would love to publish them in the book.

For your participation, we'll fully credit any info that you provide and give you a full profile and headshot in the book. We'll also send you three copies for free once it is published.

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to participate!

Thanks,
Michael Kuhle
Lomographic Society International

I've omitted his email for obvious reasons, if you think you have relevant information please contact me via the forum system I will send you his email.

Thanks,
Vlad.
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  04:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes I am interested.
please Vlad send me a contact adress.
Alain
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  12:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Vlad

I am also interested in contact Mr. Michael Kuhle. Please send me his e-mail.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
nov
nov
Australia
3 Posts
Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  7:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Im interested in taking part, please email me with details

Nov
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  12:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.

This seems like a rare LOMO,but I am not sure. The camera is not mine.

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  11:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey people!
Any news about?
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  05:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi friends ...
zhang : that's right ...quite rare camera (but keep an eye on some fakes :someone only stick pin's on normal Lomo...)
you can hunt also for special series for Students congress (printed in white)

Luiz: no problem I have many contacts whith N.Y. , Paris and Vienna to cooperate in their book about Lubitels. Very pleasant peoples.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  08:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, did you not receive Michael's email that I sent you at the time of your request? If yes, did you try contact him? I know Alain had been very actively cooperating with him, did you ever get in touch?

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  4:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
Yes I contacted him and gave some requested replies.
He ponted to the page of the new Lubitel:
http://www.lomography.com/lubitel166+/
the recreation of the Lubitel from Soviet era:
http://beta.lomography.com/magazine/blog/2008/10/09/the-new-lomo-lubitel-166-has-arrived
and the new Japanese entry: Blackbird Fly
http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2008/9/6/3871773.html
Very interesting: Go and see!
Thanks
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  4:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow!! 166+ eh? And $350? that's quite a price tag .. I hope these show up on eBay for cheaper....very cool though!! I respect the Lomographic society to keep the old Soviet camera alive.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  4:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that I've read about it, even cooler! You can use 35mm film with adapter and different masks for 120!! They did a LOT of improvements on the old body.. I like the "snap-to" distance scale...

This is the ultimate lomography camera at this point!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  9:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had an interesting conversation with someone I know who has contacts at Lomo factory in St.Petersburg, and he said that about 10 years ago Lomographic society had approached Lomo to start the manufacture of this particular camera at LOMO, which they had turned down, so Lomographic society outsourced it to China to make these. I'm very curious to the pictures these produce, considering the lens is now Chinese manufacture, probably even more vignetting than the original Lubitels . Well I guess for Lomography that's plus .

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  04:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI,
My opinion....
if the Lubitel got the same success as LOMO LCA and Holga, you must buy and keep now all low prices Lubitel, because prices will grow up in the future (but only if....)

a good job to make money better than wall street now ...ah ah ah ah !
anyway , we are now doing all for this "success" !
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  5:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And now a Chinese Lubitel with Russian lenses at
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?ContentID=411&ParentID=1&WikiCatID=53
these are new pictures from the old Changle, and includes the original instructions boklet
Regards
LP
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/38_94_1.jpg

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi , LUIZ ...fan -tas - tic !!
you know I own this camera but not booklet !

would you please, when you will have time , scan this booklet and send me all pages ?
in advance ...thanks a lot .
Alain
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  6:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Allain!
This booklet belongs to Zhang XK and he sent the picture to me.But why do you need? Can you read Chinese?
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  03:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no....as you know i possess this camera and I would make a set on my shelter whith this copy (or even the original...why not ? )
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  6:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad, Alain and friends!
Which are the news about Michael and his Lubitel 166+?
I am intersted in News about.
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  1:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no fresh news since 2 weeks ...I think they are busy about the book ...who know ?
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  6:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey people
64 days from the first post and no news!
Anxious to know notitices
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  05:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it is ...and more , The Parisian correspondant asked me to visit my collection. I agree whith pleasure and since ...no more news from him !!!!
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allain
I had contactted Mr Michael from Lomographic but no answers yet.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  03:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hhhmmmm....strange society !
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  07:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please !
Any news about?
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nothing to day....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic