Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  01:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I have a Tair-3S that is multi-coated with a s/n 9107979. The coating reflecton is green, and I have seen Tair-3S made before and after 1991 that were only coated with a purple colour coating.So is this a rare Tiar-3S?

Thanks,

Zhang
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably rare!
MC does nor affect performance of telephotos like triplet formulated Tair 3 design.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  11:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have these two lenses; one on snaiper zenit SDS is green too, and the last one on zenit 412 LS is purple (little yellowish)
I think it was normal product . No ?
alain
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  02:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz, alain,

I suspect a different type of glass was used for the MC version. Probably a lower cost one. Or why later lenses returned to single coating when they already made MC version lenses?

Kind Regards

zhang
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  05:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you know ...It is said, good unicoated treatment is better than bad MC technic...
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  10:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Zhang and Allain
I will tell you the truth about coatings.
Single coating is a REFLECTIVE layer of intermediate REFRACTING index air-glass intended to make a 1/4 light wave length interference.
The light reflects in two surfaces with its train of wave lenghts. One of them is totally nullified the others almost nullified but one of them will be reinforced or "ressonant" this will be the most noted colour of the coating, although coatings itself have no colour at all.
The thickness of the coatings will give the apparent colour in the lens. That way, the blue represents the thinnest coatings while the red will be the thickest of them.
Multicoatings do the same with progressive Refracting indexes Thicknesses are controlled to obtain the maximum combination of internal reflections of layers and obtaining the better combination of the red, the green and the blue 1/4 waves. that way, you will note no reflections. So, a good multicoated lens is totally BLACK
You even do not see the glasses of the lenses!
Regards
LP
The great varieties of sold MC lenses does not fulfill what they claim.
LP
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  03:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Luiz and Allain

I agree. I have some old MF Carl Zeiss Jena lenses that look almost like no glasses.:-) The reflaction of light is very, very faint.

Best Regards

Zhang
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google