Located in
Still Cameras > GOMZ / LOMO - Komsomolets/Lubitel

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  05:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have decided to develop discussion about Komsomolets "Model A" camera, Alain have started in previous Topics. It's the proven fact, that some Komsomolets cameras (1948) bearing "Model A" markings, embossed on the top of waist finder.

The sample of particular camera can be found as type-3a on my classificator:

http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-199997211

My question is, does anyone of you knows the meanings of such markings? I have evidencies, that some Komsomolets can be found with "Model A" markings on their boxes (!), while cameras itselves come without any additional markings. These few cameras I have met in my way were made in 1948 only. I was lucky to find some descriptions in old soviet literature, where Komsomolets camera are described as "Model A", but no more explanations why it's model A?

And maybe anyone of you possess "Model B" or "Model C" versions? Please, share your experience with me ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  10:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most unusual! Another addition to the pool of mystery "A" cameras along with Kiev III's and FED-2's ..

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  03:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
about "model A" Fed2, I think Jacques, which visit our home last week and dissect my collection (and eat kindly my wife's diner !!!) can talk ....He probably discover new hypothesys concerning these camera (and a surprise about my "A 00007" model.
I cannot tell you more for the moment (suspense ;-)) I prefer his opinion....wait ....
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  07:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... my Model-A version arrived today ...

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/komsomolets_Model-A_1.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/komsomolets_Model-A_2.JPG

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  09:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaaarrrgh :-(((

next one you see will be for me ????

Lucky guy , my friend !
Alain
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  11:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain,

sure ... the next one will be yours, just give me some time to find another Model-A

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no doubt about you ....I know how to wait ...in my old days...
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  04:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

happy to say, what I have found an answer to "Model A" designations already ... . Please, find the scan from old soviet book (1949) below:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/komsomolets_model_A.jpg

If you are not familiar with Russian language, the answer is very short:

an early Komsomlets with frame counter are classified as Komsomolets,
while all later Komsomolets without frame counter are classified as Komsomolets Model A ... Easy, isn't it?

Best Regards,
Aidas

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  10:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bravo!!! Another mystery solved!! I will make an entry in the catalog for this camera and the explanation. Excellent work once again, Detective Aidas!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google