Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Paul Sokk
Paul Sokk

Australia
37 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  06:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I have been lurking around this site for well over 6 months but every time I have tried to join, my email has remained silent and attempts to contact the site have been rejected (by the mail system). In the process, I have run out of user names and therefore I am now myself and I have resorted to Windows Live Hotmail but would prefer to use my real email address.

My commitment to FSU gear is relatively small in terms of equipment; 2xFED-1gs, FED-2L, Zorki-1e and a Zorki-S but I am particularly fascinated by FEDs and their early history. I also have a collection of Pentax H2s to Spotmatic plus some old folders but shoot mainly Canon digital at the moment. In my defence, to get away from the unweildyness of a Minolta SRT101 and lenses I couldn't afford, I bought a new Zorki 4k in the mid 70s, complete with Jupiter 8 and 12 and added a Leitz telephoto the details of which I can't remember. It served me very well until an interest in motorcycle racing made an Olympus OM-10 more appealing.

I have to say that this is one of my favourite sites with lots of knowledgeable discussion and hopefully I can add something from time to time.
Cheers,
Paul
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  08:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome FEDeer...
hope you keep here all what you need about Fed's anecdotes, user's help and history.
Alain
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  12:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and welcome Paul: I am sure you will like this site. There is access to other sites that sell and repair etc. I just got my Kiev88 from repair at Trescam what a nice job he did. I too like to use and collect the early Zorku and Feds. Don , Michigan

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi There, Paul.

Welcome to the group. You couldn't find a better place to be. Here we have an international group of very well educated collectors of FSU equipment. There's always something new to learn.

Enjoy !!
Steve
Go to Top of Page
Frank Lambert
Frankl
USA
40 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  1:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,
Welcome! Almost everything I know about FSU Cameras and, their history has been learned on this site. There is more knowledge and expertise here than you can find anywhere and ALL are very ready and willing to help.

Regards,
Frank....
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  1:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

Welcome, we will look forward to your participation. There are many of us here who are fascinated by Fed cameras, but of course we like and enjoy many other Soviet cameras as well.
For me the Fed-1 in particular has an added fascination in that the history is so interesting and there are still so many mysteries to solve.
So once again, welcome and I hope that you enjoy the site. Jim
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  2:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul, welcome to the site! So sorry to hear you've been having these technical difficulties with registration, this is really odd that email was not going through - must be some kind of ISP spam filtering issue... glad you didn't give up and did eventually register, we always welcome new members!!

Looking forward to our discussions!
Thanks!
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  3:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul, I've updated your profile with you actual real email, and sent you a email directly as well, I want to see if you get it. I've also edited your first post to remove that email address from there, since a lot of search bots crawl various forums and get these emails for use in spam. So people should not post their email addresses, this will get you on spam lists...

Thanks,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  3:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

So sorry to hear you've been having these technical difficulties with registration, this is really odd that email was not going through - must be some kind of ISP spam filtering issue...

Indeed, the domain tpg.com.au is in a black lists (as a many others .au domains, unfortunaly).

You may check it easy. ;)
For example: let's take one IP-address from this domain -- mx1.tpgi.com.au [203.12.160.122]

Testing:

> nslookup 122.160.12.203.relays.ordb.org
Name:    122.160.12.203.relays.ordb.org 
Address:  127.0.0.2
<-- address is blocked as an open relay*, if not, answer must be:
"
... can't find 122.160.12.203.sbl.spamhaus.org: Non-existent host/domain
", or something like this.

*) -- so, the tpgi.com.au sysadmins are incompetent... :(
Go to Top of Page
Paul Sokk
Paul Sokk
Australia
37 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  4:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Zoom, thanks for your advice. I don't dispute about the domain being blacklisted - I am aware that there were some problems with Aussie sites a couple of years ago but I thought that had been well and truly sorted - maybe not!

I have received an email from Vlad to my tpg address (to which I have responded) and on average, join a couple of forums per year without problems plus I have just registered for some Adobe e-seminars. I have no indication that I am not receiving emails from anyone else and occasionally deal with people like B&H Photo. Just wondering whether the black listing is out of date? I have heard of that happening too.

In any case, if the tpg address is a problem, I'm happy to live with the hotmail address. In the meantime, I will check more into this blacklist thing with my ISP.

Paul
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2589 Posts
Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  11:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello Paul,

Really very happy to count one more fan of Fed-s!
There is a part of mystery I have not found in any other make.
So welcome in that exploration!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1990 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  6:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul
Welcome! Make us happy being one more FED fan. As says the Great Photographer Veijo Vilva - the Penultimate Camera!
Regards.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  01:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul,

Welcome to our Forums!!!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google